UNO on OTL

This is a real shady story and more sunny light needs to be shined on it. I have a feeling that UNL has a lot to do with canceling the football and wrestling. Two of the most successful sports at UNL. Funny how the AD at UNO is a loyalist to UNL.

This is a real shady story and more sunny light needs to be shined on it. I have a feeling that UNL has a lot to do with canceling the football and wrestling. Two of the most successful sports at UNL. Funny how the AD at UNO is a loyalist to UNL.

I have a feeling that that is crackpot conspiracy-theory nuttiness.

This is the second thread I have seen you post this. What do you think are the reasons for Trev to dump these programs then?

Think of every conceivable reason that's not "because UNL is afraid of having another D1 football team in the state" and it'll be a more plausible answer.

What conference would UNO's football team have ended up if they weren't cut? I have no idea, but it wouldn't be nearly as good as the Big Ten. DRAKE has a D1 football team. Is that a threat to Iowa?

I get it that some people hate the Cornhuskers. It's understandable -- I hate them, but that doesn't mean I believe this ridiculous conspiracy nonsense.

Think of every conceivable reason that's not "because UNL is afraid of having another D1 football team in the state" and it'll be a more plausible answer.

What conference would UNO's football team have ended up if they weren't cut? I have no idea, but it wouldn't be nearly as good as the Big Ten. DRAKE has a D1 football team. Is that a threat to Iowa?

I get it that some people hate the Cornhuskers. It's understandable -- I hate them, but that doesn't mean I believe this ridiculous conspiracy nonsense.

I'm guessing you didn't read the article. In the article they state the conference they would have gone to and how/why UNO could be a perceived threat to UNL. Hint: Drake/Iowa is not analogous to UNO/UNL in the context of this article.

So you have no good reason or facts as to refute the posters statement but you know in your heart that UNL had nothing to do with Alberts decision?

After the evidence delivered by OTL and the denied offer to respond or comment from Alberts and the Chancellor has to raise some suspicions.

It seems from your quick off hand remarks about this being some crack pot conspiracy and automatic judgment of there is no wrong doing by Alberts or UNL that you just don't want to look at this without any prejudice.

Last edited:
Fernando, there's no reason to be upset with Dwayne. Or at least not yet anyway. He's not read the article.

I'm guessing you didn't read the article. In the article they state the conference they would have gone to and how/why UNO could be a perceived threat to UNL. Hint: Drake/Iowa is not analogous to UNO/UNL in the context of this article.

Nowhere in the article does it say which conference they would have played football in, or how they'd be a threat to UNL. they're playing in the super-powerful Summit League for sports other than football and wrestling. It's funny that you say that the article says what conference they would have gone to but didn't name it.

That's the great thing about conspiracy theorists. They don't need any evidence to convince them that the conspiracy is true.

Dwayne, you really didn't read the article otherwise you would know it stated a potential landing spot for their FB program and HOW it could have been a threat to UNL. This threat would not have been akin to another BCS team in the state, but certainly on par with UNI.

Dwayne, think of what it would mean for Iowa if UNI no longer offered FB. Our walk-on pool and the quality of those walk-ons would increase dramatically. Wouldn't it be nice to add Alex Carr or Andre Dawson to our roster as walk-ons? Or go back a few years to Brandon Meyers, we offered him late and got him away from UNI. He may have been a walk-on for us at the beginning rather than on s'ahip.

Sure some of those kids may choose to walk-on at ISU, but a vast number of those would probably choose Iowa instead.

Dwayne, you really didn't read the article otherwise you would know it stated a potential landing spot for their FB program and HOW it could have been a threat to UNL. This threat would not have been akin to another BCS team in the state, but certainly on par with UNI.
So basically not a threat at all?

Mikey- why did you choose to quote only part of my post? Read the last part of my post and let me know your thoughts.

I believe dropping football is due to Title IX as much as anything. Although trading a D-2 powerhouse Wrestling program for Men's Soccer is a odd, as they offer about the same number of scholarships.

Latest posts