Unlike that we'll get GameDay for OSU game

silvanthalas

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/ESPN_BigTen
ESPN BigTen
ESPN College GameDay is heading back to Big Ten country this week! The crew will be in Columbus for Penn State-Ohio State.

Maybe somebody can check, but I doubt GameDay covers a team two weeks in a row during the regular season.

If we beat Northwestern I do NOT see any other game that would be worthy of covering than OSU vs Iowa... on the same hand I have never seen them cover two schools two weeks in a row either... but maybe they will because its in Iowa City in 2 weeks??

I don't think that will matter much since the 2 games will be in different locations. Really this came down to the fact that there are no marquee games next weekend and the Joe Pa story line is as good as anything else out there.

The following week the Iowa-OSU game is by far the best (as of right now). Baylor and Oklahoma was slightly intriguing until they both lost yesterday. Still think Iowa has a pretty good shot at Game Day, but we need to beat NW.

GameDay has done the same team twice a number of times, most recently Florida last year. I'm convinced we'll get it for the Ohio State game. There just aren't any other games on Nov. 20 worthy of it. Ours should be a top 15 matchup, maybe even top 10, and with some help from Michigan could be the de facto Big Ten title game for the second straight year. You know Herbstreit is dying to go to Iowa City.

They've done it inside the stadiums before and that's where they would do it. My guess is they would figure out a way to do it from the bleachers.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I just don't understand the infatuation with Gameday being at an Iowa game. I can't even watch that show anymore...the constant dogging on the BigTen is just about infuriating as their love for the SEC. Some say it's big for recruiting...OK, how about we just beat Ohio State? I think that would have a bigger impact than getting those espn clowns to have their show in iowa city. Have them take their circus somewhere else and spend two minutes breaking down the game.

I'm 100% with you on the feelings about ESPN in general. However, with Gameday being in IC, it's good exposure for the program. Beating OSU would be good, buy why not beating OSU, and having Gameday there? Double the exposure. Plus, for the rest of the night, they go out to live feeds from IC for more coverage, meaning they would talk about the Hawks all day. If we win, that can't be a bad thing

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I just don't understand the infatuation with Gameday being at an Iowa game. I can't even watch that show anymore...the constant dogging on the BigTen is just about infuriating as their love for the SEC. Some say it's big for recruiting...OK, how about we just beat Ohio State? I think that would have a bigger impact than getting those espn clowns to have their show in iowa city. Have them take their circus somewhere else and spend two minutes breaking down the game.

Right - we all know ESPN is kind of slanted but GameDay is still one of a kind. Really fun to watch, builds the anticipation for the day.

Gameday was cool 5 years ago but its run its course and has turned into NFL Countdown. Too long and boring.

I like Fowler, Herby, & Desmond but Corso is tough to listen to. Not because he is bad but because it is sad and difficult to watch what was once a witty, funny person having been robbed by a stroke.

Maybe its still cool for college kids but it makes very little difference to me.

They've done it inside the stadiums before and that's where they would do it. My guess is they would figure out a way to do it from the bleachers.

Spoken like a Cubs fan. You mean the stadium that has not hosted a world champion since what year? There is no way whatsoever GameDay goes to Wrigley field. Go Cardinals.

I don't recall their being a problem broadcasting for the NHL Winter Classic a couple of years ago. Besides, there's part of the outfield available with the football configuration.

At least the Cubs have a stadium with some history. Not to mention, nobody will ever suggest hosting a football game or hockey game at Just Another Busch Stadium.

Latest posts