UNI

Jesperson taking the thunder away from Woody. Wow! What a finish.

No way. It was just a half court shot. Think about it. UNI's guy made a long, but uncontested shot. BUT, several miracles happened on one play for Iowa. MG didn't dribble it off his knee. Didn't get the shot blocked. Woody was in position for a rebound. He caught the ball. He shot it AND made it. No one fouled. No one called timeout right before it happened. If someone had told me these two situations, I'd say, "Wow, Iowa did all of those things? Did they do them at their own basket? Really?"

No way. It was just a half court shot. Think about it. UNI's guy made a long, but uncontested shot. BUT, several miracles happened on one play for Iowa. MG didn't dribble it off his knee. Didn't get the shot blocked. Woody was in position for a rebound. He caught the ball. He shot it AND made it. No one fouled. No one called timeout right before it happened. If someone had told me these two situations, I'd say, "Wow, Iowa did all of those things? Did they do them at their own basket? Really?"

This is the best post I've read in 4 years lurking this website and 6 months posting

I try to steer clear of hyperbole, but I'm pretty sure this is the funniest damned thing I've ever read on the internet!!! :D

Just goes to show, to further reinforce, the state of Iowa has potential this year. It is just that the state schools need to play up to it. So far, all three have done enough in the big dance in their first games. Can it continue this weekend?

And I'm thinking that these guys weren't good enough to get recruited by Iowa. Heck of a coaching job with second level talent. Ben is much better coach than Fran will ever be.

And I'm thinking that these guys weren't good enough to get recruited by Iowa. Heck of a coaching job with second level talent. Ben is much better coach than Fran will ever be.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that.

Twas a sexy shot

Kirk does not approve.

FerentzLSU.jpg

With that win, UNI is the undisputed Big12 champion. 2-0 vs the most overhyped conference yet again.

Jacobson is a great coach but hold off on this comment until he takes 4 different teams to the NCAA. And the teams he takes must all be in a state of crappiness when he gets there. Anyone can inherent a great situation and win. See Todd Lickliter as exhibit A.

Jacobson inherited a good situation and to his credit he has continues to build it. Fran has accomplished something few coaches have ever done. Someone posted this earlier but I can't find it: the records of teams before Fran got there, their records under Fran and their records after Fran left. It's pretty incredible actually.

Latest posts