UNI transfer Xavior Williams joining the Hawks

Crazy good athlete. High jumps 6' 10.5" for UNI track team. 5' 11", 195 lbs. Has played CB, but could potentially play S as well. Serious NFL prospect.

edit: my bad, I guess he is a S, but has potential to play CB

Last edited:
Awesome more the merrier. Koerner graduated right? I assume he may not be using that free yr to come back so this kid might slide right in to a starting role next to Merriweather?

I read where 'X' was recruited by Iowa out of Burlington HS but didn't get a scholarship offer, probably offered as a walk on.

Another just like that was David Johnson who now plays for the Houston Texans, he was offered a walk on as WR at Iowa but took the money at UNI, his mom working at McDonalds couldn't afford to send him to Iowa.

I checked out the roster and Koerner is listed as a junior. The only senior that started was Matt Hankins. There are a lot of DBs on the roster so there will be competition, Terry Roberts comes to mind, and I'm sure they didn't promise him anything. But X does have good experience and credentials.

I read where 'X' was recruited by Iowa out of Burlington HS but didn't get a scholarship offer, probably offered as a walk on.

Another just like that was David Johnson who now plays for the Houston Texans, he was offered a walk on as WR at Iowa but took the money at UNI, his mom working at McDonalds couldn't afford to send him to Iowa.

I checked out the roster and Koerner is listed as a junior. The only senior that started was Matt Hankins. There are a lot of DBs on the roster so there will be competition, Terry Roberts comes to mind, and I'm sure they didn't promise him anything. But X does have good experience and credentials.

We are pretty light on DBs now with DJ Johnson, McKinney, and Brents all entering the portal this season. So his addition is very welcome. But it will be interesting to see how the starting lineup shakes out.

They could potentially return their entire starting 5 DBs; Hankins was a senior, but only in his 4th year, and he could conceivably make the decision to return and improve his draft stock. Even if he leaves, Roberts seems poised to step into a starting role.

I am sure X. Williams is not coming here to play special teams, but there will be a fierce fight for playing time. Probably the weakest link in the defensive backfield was Merriweather, but he is young with lots of potential. X. Williams could potentially replace Hankins if he leaves, but is Roberts going to be willing to stick around another year as a primary special teamer?

We'll see how it plays out.

I believe Williams played for West Burlington. He went to school at Notre Dame in Burlington.

Latest posts