UNI lost future inspiration

Oldfan

Announcers will refer to this finish for generations in NCAA tournament when a team is behind toward the end, "Texas A&M was behind 12 points with 32 seconds to go and won game". Similar to Christian Laettner's winning shot. As Yogi said "It ain't over til its over".

It's hard to estimate how much this damages the UNI brand, but it's an awful lot of money.

UNI brand???? What brand? The announcers kept saying from cedar rapids. They increased what little brand they have by BEING in these games.

The NCAA scoreboard for UNI as I see it is....

Miracle finishes......2
Miracle losses........1

Does 1 outweigh 2?

UNI brand???? What brand? The announcers kept saying from cedar rapids. They increased what little brand they have by BEING in these games.

You have to add everything together. How much does it cost UNI to be mentioned for the next 20 years as the biggest tourney collapse of all time? Does Jacobsen leave? (My guess: yeah) They lose millions by not making the Sweet 16, but it's going to end up way more than that.

No way Jacobson leaves after that, he is a proud alum. I don't see him wanting to leave this as his last tourney game

No way Jacobson leaves after that, he is a proud alum. I don't see him wanting to leave this as his last tourney game

I don't see him leaving, but if he doubles his salary for the next 5 years, do you blame him? Would you leave your job? hell yes!!~!!!!!!

When you blow a tourney game like that, either (a) you're going to coach there until you retire, or (b) you're going to be fired the first time you go under .500. Jacobsen will have to decide which situation he thinks that he's in. Either way, my prediction is that he's gone one way or another within three years.

man...if we're reduced to dumping on UNI....

no explanation needed for those who understand...no explanation will suffice for those who don't.

The NCAA scoreboard for UNI as I see it is....

Miracle finishes......2
Miracle losses........1

Does 1 outweigh 2?

Did you know that UNI also beat Missouri 74-71 on a last second shot (2 seconds to go) in 1990? That was a #14 over a #3.

[video=youtube;wqR-bdcgOAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqR-bdcgOAI[/video]

Did you know that UNI also beat Missouri 74-71 on a last second shot (2 seconds to go) in 1990? That was a #14 over a #3.

[video=youtube;wqR-bdcgOAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqR-bdcgOAI[/video]
After re-watching that highlight from 1990 and comparing it to what I saw last night, one thing really stands out for me: college chicks had some nasty hair back then.

I was just thinking the same thing about the hair Linus.....how times have changed, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm

After re-watching that highlight from 1990 and comparing it to what I saw last night, one thing really stands out for me: college chicks had some nasty hair back then.

Yep that's back in my day. Lucky for college guys today that the girls shave their nasty hair now.

Latest posts