UNI just really could not hit consistently tonight

Great season Panthers!

Thought it was sad the refs seemed to swallow their whistles at the UNI offensive end of the floor near the end of the game.

I really can't stand Izzo and his gansta thugs.

Another thing I thought MSU's defense was much better than KU's. UNI had some open looks (missed many of them) but MSU stayed with the UNI perimeter players for the most part. And, MSU's pressure led to a number of forced shots.

I do think MSU got away with a number of no calls. But, in the end, you got to make shots. Like our Hawks, you can't go long stretches without scoring points and expect to beat MSU.

Last edited:
lol, of course it was luck. UNI couldn't possibly be any good. Everyone knows they suck and it was just luck that they made it this far.

Just like the poster last week that said they'll lose when they stop getting hot and making so many 3 pointers like they did vs Kansas. I responded that they actually were below their season average on 3 pointers in that game. He never responded back. I'm not a fan of lying bags of crap like that guy.

Michigan State has a hell of a coach. He hasn't made it to that many final fours by accident.

Not like them to miss so many free throws, and I thought they got away from the inside game too quick. Still it was a great season. I'm proud of the way they represented the state of Iowa.

Lol @ the mad people in this topic

First off I'm not mad... disappointed

UNI was a 9 seed that ended up in the sweet sixteen.

I get mad when people call it luck that the team made it this far. UNI is a solid team. They beat Kansas at the free throw line and tonight they weren't hitting free throws as you mentioned in a post of your own.

So go ahead and LOL all you want. I'm laughing at your Colts favored in the SB and coming up empty!!

First off I'm not mad... disappointed

UNI was a 9 seed that ended up in the sweet sixteen.

I get mad when people call it luck that the team made it this far. UNI is a solid team. They beat Kansas at the free throw line and tonight they weren't hitting free throws as you mentioned in a post of your own.

So go ahead and LOL all you want. I'm laughing at your Colts favored in the SB and coming up empty!!

Someone's mad

MSU was working really hard to take the inside game away. Although, I do agree that UNI got away from trying to go inside more. Thus, the rushed outside jumpers. MSU defense got UNI comfortable in their half court sets.

oh I get it... you are one of the ones that think Kansas wasn't ready for a game in the NCAA tourney... and thats UNI's fault.

No, you dont get it. Not letting emotion get in the way allows you to see things objectively. Don't be myopic.
No its not UNI's fault. It's KU's fault. They didnt show up until it was too late.

UNI grad here....this is pretty simple

Michigan State played GREAT d and the few open looks UNI had they couldnt convert in the 2nd half. Both teams played great d but MSU made the offensive plays when they needed to and UNI didnt. Thats that. Sucks to lose but it was a great run

Man, you guys are missing the true cause of UNI's demise tonight.

IT WAS THE DREADED SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER JINX

Pure and simple. The better team lost, due to the jinx.

Latest posts