UNI Defeats Creighton in Omaha

Better put Perrault on suicide alert...

I don't listen to them much but you don't have to listen long to get a belly full of that guy's Creighton obsession. As a result, I was delighted to see that score last night and may just have to tune in to the show today. I would guess a few callers will gleefully remind him of it.

Isn't Creighton down though this year? I thot I saw them in the basement of the MVC standings the other day? But that still is a good W for UNI...I hope they have a great season.

Creighton isn't good this year, and they weren't all that great last year either. Maybe Altman should have stayed at Arkansas.

I thought some Iowa fans were pining for Altman to come to Iowa?

I may be in the minority here, I don't know, but I've never been that big of an Altman fan and have never wanted him to come to Iowa. First, he's been at Creighton for something like 15 years since he was at KSU. Besides Arkansas, who else has come trying to lure him away? Why haven't more Big Ten, Big 12, etc. schools come calling, even the lower-tier ones? At least none others that I've heard of - correct me if I'm wrong.

The main reason I'm leary of him though is that when he was at K-State, his time there was fairly mediocre, and his conference winning percentage was well under .500 (19-37 to be exact). I'm just not convinced that any success he's had at Creighton would equate to success at Iowa.

Solid coach, I just have doubts that he would get it done at the major conference level..

Last edited:

Latest posts