UNI can thank the officials for this gift wrapped win

Take away the bad calls and gets a lot more interesting......the officials gave this win to UNI and they did not need any favors.

Without the bush league/homer refs, UNI loses this game. pathetic to bring in a set of officials like this for a game, just so you can make sure you win. Jacobsen and UNI are scumbags.

Without the bush league/homer refs, UNI loses this game. pathetic to bring in a set of officials like this for a game, just so you can make sure you win. Jacobsen and UNI are scumbags.

This was not UNI or Jacobson fault by any means. I give a lot of credit to the fans who had a huge impact on the game. I was jealous to see the support of the student body and the excitement they created. One of the refs decided to let his emotions get the best of him and so he took center stage and impacted the outcome of the game. It is to bad as that was going to be an exciting game all the way to the end.

Just because somewhat reputable officials have a horrible game doesn't mean the UNI coach is a scum bag. That is a stupid statement.

Just because somewhat reputable officials have a horrible game doesn't mean the UNI coach is a scum bag. That is a stupid statement.

Gonna disagree somewhat here. When a coach gets an advantage by teaching his players to flop at even the slightest contact, to hand-check beyond the maximum allowed, to bump opponents all over in a way that officials often miss, in my book he is less than a sport opponent. He is a cheat. GOOD officials recognize the techniques as soon as they see them and deal with them instead of letting them ruin what for 30 minutes was a pretty good game of basketball.

I hang a lot of this loss on the officiating, some on Fran's inability to control his emotions and some on Jacobsen for baiting the entire situation.

Gonna disagree somewhat here. When a coach gets an advantage by teaching his players to flop at even the slightest contact, to hand-check beyond the maximum allowed, to bump opponents all over in a way that officials often miss, in my book he is less than a sport opponent. He is a cheat. GOOD officials recognize the techniques as soon as they see them and deal with them instead of letting them ruin what for 30 minutes was a pretty good game of basketball.I hang a lot of this loss on the officiating, some on Fran's inability to control his emotions and some on Jacobsen for baiting the entire situation.

so for coaching his players to adjust their play based on what the officials were allowing he's a bad guy?

Gonna disagree somewhat here. When a coach gets an advantage by teaching his players to flop at even the slightest contact, to hand-check beyond the maximum allowed, to bump opponents all over in a way that officials often miss, in my book he is less than a sport opponent. He is a cheat. GOOD officials recognize the techniques as soon as they see them and deal with them instead of letting them ruin what for 30 minutes was a pretty good game of basketball.

I hang a lot of this loss on the officiating, some on Fran's inability to control his emotions and some on Jacobsen for baiting the entire situation.

we hired lick dude.

LOL at ragging on one of the classiest coaches in the country who turned down multiple huge paydays and who is winning without an all american that he signed.

we hired lick dude.

LOL at ragging on one of the classiest coaches in the country who turned down multiple huge paydays and who is winning without an all american that he signed.

Again, do you think Fran coaches his players to fall on the floor at the slightest contact? Because if he does, we're sure not seeing it show up in games and at the free throw line.

There it is.....

Again, do you think Fran coaches his players to fall on the floor at the slightest contact? Because if he does, we're sure not seeing it show up in games and at the free throw line.

Flopping can get annoying, but if it's legal, and it works, it's going to happen. I know half of the tag-outs I made on steal attempts weren't actually tag-outs. I just got good at selling it so I could maybe get the call even when I couldn't get the tag down.

This was not UNI or Jacobson fault by any means. I give a lot of credit to the fans who had a huge impact on the game. I was jealous to see the support of the student body and the excitement they created. One of the refs decided to let his emotions get the best of him and so he took center stage and impacted the outcome of the game. It is to bad as that was going to be an exciting game all the way to the end.

This pretty much sums it up. Look, UNI was getting some home cooking tonight from the refs. No doubt, it was unevenly officiated. But through 30 minutes it wasn't SO bad that I could have seriously said, "I've never seen officiating so poor." And despite the homerism Iowa was battling and giving UNI a game. Had the last 10 minutes been allowed to play out like the first 30, it was anyone's game.

Finally Fran had enough. He gives the guy an earful and rightly gets T'd up. It SHOULD have ended right there. But the ref decided to go Terminator and took away all doubt about the outcome. Now I CAN say I've never seen officiating so poor.

On the bright side, minus Technopalooza, I thought this was an improved game by the Hawks. They scrapped with UNI and if it hadn't broken down into a d!*k measuring contest with the officiating crew they had every chance to take that game.

Last edited:
the best part is the chances of UNI winning with completely unnoticed officiating is pretty high. In fact, i'd say they win either way.

Now we have something to focus on outside of our control instead of focusing on the teams play.

Perfect distraction!

Whatever, the officials took away what was an entertaining game. Whether Iowa wins or loses that game makes no difference but let the players determine the outcome not the boys wearing stripes.

You can control how you react to any situation presented to you.

Fran did not have to get a T. mcCabe did not have to get a T.

They chose to react poorly.

Handle it better.

There is no try. Just Do. Just handle it better. Plain and simple.

You are right, when one of your players gets shoved across the court in front of an official our coaches need to walk away, sit down, and shut up.