Underwood post game

revkev73

Illini coach was very complimentary about Iowa. He said concerning CJF, "He is a great player, a freshman, tough to guard, it is going to be a pain in the ass trying to cover him for four years, I know that."

He also noted, that an Illinois player made a mistake leaving his player, perhaps Garza, to try to help out on Pemsl, who "hasn't made a basket in 5 games."

Sorry if discussed in game threat, etc. I have enjoyed listening to Underwood on several occasions, seems pretty decent.

From what I read he also shrugged off the end of the game stuff, which I tend to agree with.

Illini assistant was an idiot for sure but the whole thing was a little overblown. Fran did the right thing. Let the boys be boys, two good teams doing battle.

From what I read he also shrugged off the end of the game stuff, which I tend to agree with.

Illini assistant was an idiot for sure but the whole thing was a little overblown. Fran did the right thing. Let the boys be boys, two good teams doing battle.
It was a heated game, both wanted to win, both had a chance to win. Emotions will run high, as they should. Neither side innocent, both sides playing with pride and emotion. Move on, kick their ass at Illinois.

I think he said he hadn’t scored in a month for even more emphasis but the point is still the same. Pemsl is no threat to score. And everyone knows it. If he could score some it would make a difference, take the pressure off the big 3 to carry every game.

I think he said he hadn’t scored in a month for even more emphasis but the point is still the same. Pemsl is no threat to score. And everyone knows it. If he could score some it would make a difference, take the pressure off the big 3 to carry every game.

The only threat Cordell poses is an unforced turnover. I don’t know if it’s all the injuries, lack of confidence, or something else but he is an absolute liability every time he’s on the floor. I feel bad for the guy. Was hoping he could provide some solid mins and just rebound/defend and maybe occasionally score.

The only threat Cordell poses is an unforced turnover. I don’t know if it’s all the injuries, lack of confidence, or something else but he is an absolute liability every time he’s on the floor. I feel bad for the guy. Was hoping he could provide some solid mins and just rebound/defend and maybe occasionally score.
I’ve been as hard as anyone on Pemsl but lately he’s been giving us a little better minutes off the bench.

Today he had 4 assists in 12 minutes including the early one to Garza for an and one that seemed to get Garza going.

Pemsl was open so many times but he chose to pass the ball off. I guess it’s good that he knows his limitations. He needs to improve on his limitations.

I’ve been as hard as anyone on Pemsl but lately he’s been giving us a little better minutes off the bench.

Today he had 4 assists in 12 minutes including the early one to Garza for an and one that seemed to get Garza going.
Pemsl usually knows his limitations and does some good things. He is needed, for sure, given the injuries, short bench. Plus, he doesn't complain, supports the Big 3 while on the bench and hasn't quit mid-season like Kobe Badger or jumped like Moss. Although, I certainly don't have a problem with someone leaving. Pemsl stayed, a team move. He might have some magic left in that body in a key moment.

Watched Underwood press conference. I thought it was insightful. Plenty of credit to Iowa. Good game analysis overall. But, I have no love for the Illini.
Underwood seems to be pretty passionate, and professional, and is most often gracious in defeat, at least when I have listened to him. Plus, his last name isn't Frost or the other number of arrogant complainers that do post-game delusional talks.

seemed like they played off several of our guys, but weren't able to translate that into stopping the big 3 anyway. I think they may unfortunately though have laid out a blue print for some teams to go after us, that will require some of our bench guys, and young guys, to start hitting some open shots. they obviously didn't see conner as a threat and he had three of the biggest baskets of the game. need that from some others moving forward.

Illini coach was very complimentary about Iowa. He said concerning CJF, "He is a great player, a freshman, tough to guard, it is going to be a pain in the ass trying to cover him for four years, I know that."

He also noted, that an Illinois player made a mistake leaving his player, perhaps Garza, to try to help out on Pemsl, who "hasn't made a basket in 5 games."

Sorry if discussed in game threat, etc. I have enjoyed listening to Underwood on several occasions, seems pretty decent.
Illinois is a well coached team. They played with discipline the entire game, including the end. It's the officials that were incompetent. I think Illinois was just trying to play hard and for the whole game. Also, the Illinois assistants should be fired.

I thought Frazier stopped being aggressive late. He was going Anthony Cowan on us for a time there, him and Feliz both.

As for the assistant coach, I think once again that part of it comes from frustration over not getting that close game against Iowa that B1G teams have been accustomed to getting for so long. But this team is more clutch than any Iowa team in decades, unless you throw in some of Alford's conference tournament runs.

The other frustration comes from simply losing a hard fought game.

Illinois is a well coached team. They played with discipline the entire game, including the end. It's the officials that were incompetent. I think Illinois was just trying to play hard and for the whole game. Also, the Illinois assistants should be fired.
The two Illinois assistants were crazy and out of line at the end, even more crazy than Fran, which is saying a lot, or a little. They should be disciplined, IMHO. Coaches are supposed to be the level-headed peacemakers to keep things from swirling out of control into tribal fights on the court and after the game.

Unprofessional, dangerous, not acceptable.

It was a heated game, both wanted to win, both had a chance to win. Emotions will run high, as they should. Neither side innocent, both sides playing with pride and emotion. Move on, kick their ass at Illinois.

Both are battling for first place in the conference. Back to the 1980's style rivalry. Luv it!!

Latest posts