Ullis - conspiracy theory

InGoodCo

I think he was the starting PG up until his citation. Which has just given TP even more confidence and Fran doesn’t want to squash that. He’ll make Ullis earn it back and it will be worth it.

that’s my .02 cents

You may be right and it sounds like you are from what came out in the media, but I am almost thankful that it went down this way. TP is exactly what we wanted Joe Toussaint to become in his time at Iowa. Tony has been a much better passer than I thought he would be in the role and I think it gives Iowa another dimension and extra size.

Interesting.... I can't debunk it. I will say this. If Ulis keeps playing like that and Sandfort keeps missing shots and playing like that Ulis is going to play a lot more mins be it he starts or not. He did great

Sandfort will be just fine.
I think like all shooters he'll be streaky. Some teams will cover him differently and be tougher matchups for him then others. Is what it is. I'm not too worried about it. But what I like is that Fran notices it and doesn't just keep him out there to struggle. He put Ulis in to play more and thankfully he played well. He and TP can play together they showed that worked well too

You may be right and it sounds like you are from what came out in the media, but I am almost thankful that it went down this way. TP is exactly what we wanted Joe Toussaint to become in his time at Iowa. Tony has been a much better passer than I thought he would be in the role and I think it gives Iowa another dimension and extra size.

TP is fun to watch. That's for sure. Iowa in years past hasn't had a "tough" team or players. He brings that with some moxy and energy.

Interesting.... I can't debunk it. I will say this. If Ulis keeps playing like that and Sandfort keeps missing shots and playing like that Ulis is going to play a lot more mins be it he starts or not. He did great
They are not the same player so it will be a need for a matchup with the other opponent that will dictate the playing time.

They are not the same player so it will be a need for a matchup with the other opponent that will dictate the playing time.
Sometimes yes. I think most of the time Fran will go by who's playing better and is more effective. He's not going to take out Sandfort if he's on a heater just because the other team goes small and Ulis might matchup better and vice versa.

Sometimes yes. I think most of the time Fran will go by who's playing better and is more effective. He's not going to take out Sandfort if he's on a heater just because the other team goes small and Ulis might matchup better and vice versa.

Yes, you aren't going to take out a player when they are in the zone which periodically happens. But, my point is they are two very different players with skill sets. He will play the player that matches up with needs that game. But, you are correct that if lightening hits and Sandfort is in the zone, he'd keep him in there if the O production outweighs the other production.

I think he was the starting PG up until his citation. Which has just given TP even more confidence and Fran doesn’t want to squash that. He’ll make Ullis earn it back and it will be worth it.

that’s my .02 cents
TP won the election without Russian help.

IMO, TP earned the starting spot last year when they won 13 of 15. They were at their best with Perk at the point and Jbo coming off screens at the 2. It is just a carryover from last year with Sandfort replacing Jbo at the 2.

Uhlis played well in the Seton Hall game, he will get his minutes. Right now, it is him and Conner coming off the bench in a 7-man rotation. We will see down the road if Dix and Ogundele can join in and make some sorta 2nd unit.

IMO, TP earned the starting spot last year when they won 13 of 15. They were at their best with Perk at the point and Jbo coming off screens at the 2. It is just a carryover from last year with Sandfort replacing Jbo at the 2.

Uhlis played well in the Seton Hall game, he will get his minutes. Right now, it is him and Conner coming off the bench in a 7-man rotation. We will see down the road if Dix and Ogundele can join in and make some sorta 2nd unit.
And Bowen.

Latest posts