Ulis picked up a Michigan State offer today

Watched his video. I stand by what I say. Why are we recruiting someone who is 5'8''? The dude weighs 150 pounds. Good luck with that.

Watched his video. I stand by what I say. Why are we recruiting someone who is 5'8''? The dude weighs 150 pounds. Good luck with that.

HAHAHAHA.....so you watched a highlight video, and you know more about the kid than Izzo, Fran, and Donovan. Good luck with that.....

You are welcome to your opinion but I will trust what coaches like Izzo, Donovan, McCaffrey etc have to say or believe. For the record if you actually have seen his videos and you still believe what you posted I think that speaks to your lack of evaluation skills. Take a look at the overwhelming support of landing this kid. It would be a very important piece for Fran in this class and would do wonders in helping the recruitment of a talented wing player along with a power forward which are all 3 positions Fran is focused on in this cycle.

Too many little pgs fall through the cracks without having been even given a chance. If a kid is destroying other D1 pgs (i'm sure he has in the Chicago area and AAU world he's played against several) he has to be pretty good. It's hard for me to think after seeing his highlight tape knowing where he's from and the competition he's played against and the list of offers he has to think he's not worth going after. It's not a guarantee. Alot of people thought Jeff Peterson was going to be a pretty good pg too... But then again that little guy for Baylor was a top 3 pg in D1 last yr. No sith lord absolute here but I'd rather swing and miss then not swing.

Last edited:
Ulis will be a good college point guard, I have zero doubt about this. I have seen him play live a few times along with talking with other players that have competed directly against him. Basically from what they told me is that he can pretty much get wherever he wants to on the court with the ball in his hands. They said and I have witnessed this also that if you play up on him he will blow by you or cross you over. if you give him too much space he will pull up in your face and knock it down. There is a reason he is blowing up right now. By the time the final rankings come out I fully expect him to be in the 50 range and possibly creeping inside that. Rivals and other such sites will be hesitant to rank him much higher due to his height alone which only shows their lack of evaluation as well.

images

Based on what I've read about Fran on the recruiting trail - he won't be outworked by MSU. He may not land him, but it won't be for a lack of trying. I think this is noticed by recruits.

It will come down to: does this kid want to be a schools first pick, or does he want to go with a school that he was their backup plan.

I don't care if a guy is short, so long as he can play. Pierre Jackson ain't exactly Andre the Giant, but he certainly didn't have any trouble tearing Iowa a new one in MSG.
Horrible comparison...Andre couldn't get up and down the court in the B1G...he'd make Cougill look fast.

Saw an article in the Detroit Free Press on the offer to Ulis. They are saying that Izzo wants to bring in both Tyus Jones and Ulis,because Jones is probably a one and done NBA guy and Ulis can then take over the point. If MSU misses on Jones,they still have Ulis.

That might not be the best pitch to Ulis....you are second fiddle, but come anyway.

MSU recently signed Alvin Ellis,former Minny recruit who de-committed when Tubby was fired. Ellis is out of De LaSalle HS in Chicago,and played with Ulis on Meanstreets and is trying to talk Ulis, Cliff Alexander and Jalil Okafur from chicago to come join him in East Lansing. Ellis might pay huge dividends for Izzo.

Latest posts