Uhl chooses the good guys!

Not to be over the top, but I think he'll end up better than decent, even if he isn't a big contributor right away.

I am pleasantly surprised. On 247 everyone had him pegged for Temple. I think he could be precisely what we need when we lose Melsahn.

I am pleasantly surprised. On 247 everyone had him pegged for Temple. I think he could be precisely what we need when we lose Melsahn.

i think so too. good upside. plenty of time to build strength and skillset. great pickup. now the question will be if Fran banks one for next year and holds the other for spring.

i think so too. good upside. plenty of time to build strength and skillset. great pickup. now the question will be if Fran banks one for next year and holds the other for spring.

I wouldn't be surprised if he banks one scholly. If a transfer becomes available after the year then he can go after that, or really go after the 2015 recruits.

6'8 250, I like the size of him coming in. Hopefully he can add another 10-15 pounds so he can bruise down low in the big ten. You're not going to throw around a 6'8 265 pound guy going for a rebound.

6'8 250, I like the size of him coming in. Hopefully he can add another 10-15 pounds so he can bruise down low in the big ten. You're not going to throw around a 6'8 265 pound guy going for a rebound.

His rivals page says 185, not 250?

If he doesn't redshirt, let's hope he has a "Basabe-like" freshman year!

True dat.

The nice thing is we will have White and Uthoff at those spots, and if Meyer doesn't develop then he will earn time. If Meyer does improve and starts earning time, then we are set up for several years of having a good stretch 4 type of forward.

Aaron White was listed as 6'8 and 200 lbs when he committed to Iowa. I am not worried about his size at all, he is only a senior in high school.

In the announcement video he mentions the plan is to play him at the 3 spot with perhaps some time at the 4 which just continues to give Fran tons of options. I have not seen him play in person but based on the few highlights he appears to be a slightly more polished version of former 3*** recruit Aaron Fuller. Uhl seems to have the same knack for being in the right place at the right time around the glass with a decent vertical and certainly has similar length for shot-blocking. The more exciting part to me is that he appears to have a smoother outside jumper and is can dribble with his head up.

Latest posts