UConn Huskies aggressively seeking ACC move, source says - ESPN

Baylor makes zero sense in the Big East. I think the league is finished as a football conference and will go back to its roots as a basketball-only league with primarily Catholic private schools. UConn and Rutgers to the ACC, West Virginia to the ACC, and Louisville, TCU, and Cincinnati to the Big 12? Not sure where South Florida goes-- no room in a BCS conference for them, so probably C-USA, which they could dominate. That makes sense to me and it means the Big Ten can stay the way it is. I would actually be really happy with that.

Baylor makes zero sense in the Big East. I think the league is finished as a football conference and will go back to its roots as a basketball-only league with primarily Catholic private schools. UConn and Rutgers to the ACC, West Virginia to the ACC, and Louisville, TCU, and Cincinnati to the Big 12? Not sure where South Florida goes-- no room in a BCS conference for them, so probably C-USA, which they could dominate. That makes sense to me and it means the Big Ten can stay the way it is. I would actually be really happy with that.

So the Big 12 might survive while the Big East crumbles? I could see the Big 12 adding those teams that you mentioned. Texas could still keep their dominant status that way.

So the Big 12 might survive while the Big East crumbles? I could see the Big 12 adding those teams that you mentioned. Texas could still keep their dominant status that way.

Yeah, I just think that the fact that the majority of the Big East now consists of non-football schools means that its days as a football conference are numbered. It was a two-decade failed experiment. Even if they kept UConn, they have six schools. Who are they going to go get? There just aren't really any homeless programs out there at the moment that are any good.

The Big 12, on the other hand, makes a ton of sense for TCU-- way more than the Big East ever did. I don't see Texas budging in their demands, but if your choice is between nothing and getting screwed by Texas, I see schools like Louisville and Cincinnati opting for the screwjob.

If the SEC and B1G aren't looking to expand, I think the Big 12 survives, while the Big East crumbles. However, if the SEC and B1G do start expanding (and A&M wanting into the SEC indicates this), then I think both crumble. There will be four 16 team conferences, and after 64 teams, whoever isn't popular enough will get left out.

Latest posts