UCLA Players caught shoplifting in China

Wow, things are already cheap in China, why would you risk a shoplifting charge and a Chinese gulag. Can't fix stupid.

Its especially dumb considering LiAngelo just got a Ferarri bought for him.

The Chinese don't mess around. Would be pretty funny if they locked them up for 3 days or so.

"Officer Zing Zang...I don't think you know who you are dealing with, Coach Steve Alford...there is a museum dedicated to me in New Castle, Indiana...Steve Alford All American Inn!...ring a bell now?"

Last edited:
Its especially dumb considering LiAngelo just got a Ferarri bought for him.

The Chinese don't mess around. Would be pretty funny if they locked them up for 3 days or so.

That's right. In China, you're basically guilty until proven innocent.

Already leads the nation!

DOD9n5XU8AACIqR.jpg:large

Well I hope it is just a misunderstanding and the kids are let out soon. You never know in these foreign countries how they will treat these things.

Once upon a time they use to chop off fingers for stealing. That could have an adverse affect on you basketball career (yah think?).

Now if they really did try to steal something then I guess they may get taught a lesson they will never forget.

Three to ten years in prison.

My wife goes to China 2 or 3 times a year and she's been to that exact store. She said that whole area is super ritzy and glamorous and you'd have to be a total moron to shoplift there because there are cameras everywhere.

More from the webs:

If standard practices are applied, the three UCLA basketball players – including LiAngelo Ball – arrested Tuesday in mainland China under suspicion of shoplifting face between three and 10 years in prison if convicted, according a lawyer familiar with Chinese law who communicated with Yahoo on the condition of anonymity because he doesn’t want to speak out about the Chinese government.

My wife goes to China 2 or 3 times a year and she's been to that exact store. She said that whole area is super ritzy and glamorous and you'd have to be a total moron to shoplift there because there are cameras everywhere.

More from the webs:

If standard practices are applied, the three UCLA basketball players – including LiAngelo Ball – arrested Tuesday in mainland China under suspicion of shoplifting face between three and 10 years in prison if convicted, according a lawyer familiar with Chinese law who communicated with Yahoo on the condition of anonymity because he doesn’t want to speak out about the Chinese government.
Yep. Could you imagine the Presser from Alfraud, if the 3 of them are sentenced to YEARS in a Chinese prison? That's hard action.

Nice to see the Ball's are still laughing it up and taking their camera's everywhere for their reality show while their son is in a Chinese jail for shoplifting. What a joke these people are

Out of the 3 brothers LiAngelo is by far the worst one at basketball so maybe they don't even care about him

Of the 3 players arrested, Cody Riley was a top 50 recruit and Jalen HIll was a top 100 recruit. So while LiAngelo Ball will get all the attention he other 2 players are more likely to hurt the UCLA basketball team

Wow, not impressed with the low key racism in this thread.

There are two big things at play here from what I've read. One, the sentence could START at 3 months jail time. That is huge. Secondly, they cannot leave the country until the matter is settled. Meaning unlike in the US where you're basically free to go wherever when you're out on bail for a minor crime, they literally can't leave until either the charges are cleared up their time is served.

IF they did it, I hope they get the same sentence as a regular, average citizen. So tired of the rich and famous getting special treatment. If the average Chinese teen would get 3 months in jail, they should get 3 months.

That's right. In China, you're basically guilty until proven innocent.

I get what you're saying but in this case does it really matter? It's not like they are trying to solve a murder case with no witnesses.

Aren't most shoplifting cases pretty much cut and dried? They got you with the goods stashed somewhere on your person, caught you on video or an undercover security guard nabbed you.