UCLA Invents New Sport

Alford wasn't a good coach and a jerk of a person. He could recruit, but that's about it. Those are the facts.

Yeah, as fun as it would be to see some Iowa fans flip if Iowa was successful, Alford is an awful person and impossible to root for.

Alford wasn't a good coach and a jerk of a person. He could recruit, but that's about it. Those are the facts.

he really had teams with not a lot of talent in iowa city. especially no talent beyond a player or two - no depth whatsoever. people say he was a great recruiter - that, to me, didn't stand out while he was at iowa.

I hope Alford can get things going for UCLA and get them back to the power they use to be.
Allot of vindictive Alford people here. Golden boy from Indiana just couldn't live up to Iowa fans expectations. Never see George Raveling haters and he never got us better then a 5th place finish at least Alford got us a 2nd place one year. And Lick, what a mess his reign was.

Hi Bryce. Shouldn't you be practicing your jump shot?

I liked this quote: No, don't get too upset asking for the firing of TIARA.....

The are calling for the person who hired him, Dan Chianti Guerrero.....

I could care less about UCLA returning to "glory days".
I could care even less about Alford.

I hope Alford can get things going for UCLA and get them back to the power they use to be.
Allot of vindictive Alford people here. Golden boy from Indiana just couldn't live up to Iowa fans expectations. Never see George Raveling haters and he never got us better then a 5th place finish at least Alford got us a 2nd place one year. And Lick, what a mess his reign was.

Sorry, but Alford is probably one of the biggest jerks that Iowa has ever hired. Raveling is a very good guy, he recruited well at Iowa and left Davis a Treasure Chest of talent to choose from. Alford left Lickliter a stocking full of coal.

Iowa fans expectations are just like anyone else's, make the NCAA tournament and have an exciting run. Well, I don't remember that ever happening with Alford.

Here is what I remember of the Alford era at Iowa:
Who was going to get arrested? Who was going to be declared academically ineligible? Who was going to transfer? How many transfers will he bring in? How many recruits will not qualify and make it to Iowa? That No. 3 that he sold his soul to the devil for.

Sorry, but Alford is probably one of the biggest jerks that Iowa has ever hired. Raveling is a very good guy, he recruited well at Iowa and left Davis a Treasure Chest of talent to choose from. Alford left Lickliter a stocking full of coal.

Iowa fans expectations are just like anyone else's, make the NCAA tournament and have an exciting run. Well, I don't remember that ever happening with Alford.

Here is what I remember of the Alford era at Iowa:
Who was going to get arrested? Who was going to be declared academically ineligible? Who was going to transfer? How many transfers will he bring in? How many recruits will not qualify and make it to Iowa? That No. 3 that he sold his soul to the devil for.

exactly right - this whole 'alfred could recruit' thing, is a load of horse apples.

Craig Neal is chillin in the land of Breaking Bad, New Mexico, Alfraud and his kid don't have a chance...

uspw_5995514.jpg

UCLA Basketball: The Birth of Apathy and the Death Spiral of College Hoops - Bruins Nation

SIAP but this was particularly scathing, and there a link to a guest article by a BHGP writer.

"A mediocre coach who is not only embraces nepotism to the detriment of UCLA, but is an unrepentant, arrogant, rape apologist who has done nothing but sully the UCLA name."

Jeez. Makes us look mild, don't it?

"an inept athletic director and an athletic department that still operates in an amateur-hour, 1992-style model, with an e-mail "blog" newsletter from Chianti Dan and an incoherent and inconsistent marketing "strategy""

This is actually true - they make Iowa's marketing look good. Like Hayden Fry in 1979-80, Mora recognized the problem and has created his own marketing presence. No indication Alfraud gets it yet, but he blew his chances the day he was announced, by being unprepared for the obvious PP question.

I was SHOCKED when alford received a contract offer from UCLA.

alford could not recruit....Noodles could.

Every year we seem to have 'signed' a kid that was going to be the next superstar and yet that kid never seemed to make it to campus.

Every year there was somebody leaving the program for academics, transfer, or legal issues.

Every year there was hype and hyperbole to begin the season only to be let down during the season with endless long runs by our opponents with no timeout in sight. No game management, no offensive sets, very little defense and a coach that was lost on the sidelines.

In EVERY press conference following a loss, the players were thrown under the bus.

images
images
images