UCLA Invents New Sport

conn53victor

Synchronized Basketball Pairs

8135520.jpg

They created this because the game against Utah wasn't going so well.

"Steve Alford once again got outcoached in a game that mattered as the Bruins lose to Utah Utes in Salt Lake City. The final score was 69-74."
UCLA 69- Utah 74: The Alfords Disgrace the Four Letters - Bruins Nation

To make matters worse Steve Alford decided to go with his son during key stretches in first half when the Utes took control of the game on both ends of the court. Bryce Alford looked like the walk-on caliber player that he is, putting up selfish shots and making no effort on defense. Yet his Dad stuck with him and kept UCLA's most talented athlete Norman Powell on the bench (giving more datapoints for opposing coaches and high school point-guard recruits re. why they should stay away from Guerrero's tainted program in next 3 years). Balford finished the road-trip (not just this game) with 0 points (and yet his Dad kept him on the floor for closing mins.

Way to not only fail Steve, but also drag your son through the mud with you...what an idiot.

WOW, really short honeymoon if there even was one.

I bet Stevo is telling everyone during the press conferences that he needs to get his style players at westwood. We will see.

Alford was decent at recruiting, terrible at using his talent and a terrible in game coach (see the embarrassing first half against Cincinnati in the NCAA tourney). He had good or above avg regular seasons at SWMS, Iowa, and New Mex but very little post season success.

I dont think he will do anything different at UCLA even though he does have the chance to recruit better players. He just doesnt seem to know how to coach the players to respond to in game situations. His mentor Bob Knight knew how to use a lead to make a team chase and then get easy buckets, but this was always a foreign idea to alford.

Wow, spent some time reading more stuff over there and they really do hate wonder boy already. No honeymoon for Steve-o.

Same with lil' lick playing for IA, doesn't do well with player retention. Watching Alf is like waiting for NASCAR's crashes, it'll happen, lol.

I would normally feel sorry for his kid but he's as arrogant as the Fraud. Which is incredibly hard to accomplish.

UCLA will always be a football school?!?!?!?!?

MisterLucky beat me to that comment by an hour....my bad!

Last edited:
I hope Alford can get things going for UCLA and get them back to the power they use to be.
Allot of vindictive Alford people here. Golden boy from Indiana just couldn't live up to Iowa fans expectations. Never see George Raveling haters and he never got us better then a 5th place finish at least Alford got us a 2nd place one year. And Lick, what a mess his reign was.

I hope Alford can get things going for UCLA and get them back to the power they use to be.
Allot of vindictive Alford people here. Golden boy from Indiana just couldn't live up to Iowa fans expectations. Never see George Raveling haters and he never got us better then a 5th place finish at least Alford got us a 2nd place one year. And Lick, what a mess his reign was.
Alford wasn't a good coach and a jerk of a person. He could recruit, but that's about it. Those are the facts.

Both Raveling and Lickliter had a couple of quotes that were clunky, but Alford had an honor problem in my view. His dismissal of the rape accusations overwhelmed any possible success he had on the basketball court.

Wow, spent some time reading more stuff over there and they really do hate wonder boy already. No honeymoon for Steve-o.

I don't think there was a UCLA fan that was happy with the hire in the first place though the team is better than they give him credit for. They aren't UCLA-good.