U of Arizona AD, Greg Byrne

I wonder if anyone would run out to complain to U of A's AD if we had won the game? I kinda doubt it. Seems like a situation where we weren't able to get our own back on the field, so the only possible alternative outlet for fans is stuff like this.

I guess I wasn't there, but in the "outrageous" fan behavior video I saw posted on this site, it sure seemed like the Iowa fans taking the video were sort of egging the Az fans on and had a REALLLLL hard time just turning the other cheek & letting it go. Like it or not, when you are in a road environment - especially during a night game when everyone has had ample opportunity to...ahem...get "fueled up" - and you are outnumbered 5:1+, sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and ignore some stuff. That's the best way to prevent the type of scene in that video.

I agree completely.

Dear Iowa Fans,
First off; I am sorry that any of you visiting Tucson felt anything but welcome! We truly loved to have you visit, and hope you will come back again next time!
I got the mentioned email from our AD, but had no clue what actually went on until I just now found a video of the end zone incident on youtube.
What a disgrace!
I felt I had to find somewhere to apologize for the behavior some of you were subjected to from some absolute morons!
I was at the game, and while there definitely was some friendly taunting and “let us who can cheer for our team the loudest†going on in the area I was at, and yes there were also "way too many" Hawkeyes in my area :), there was absolutely no hostility or anything even remotely like what I just saw in that video.
After the game I walked out of the stadium with thousands of other fans in both Red and Black & Gold. I walked about a mile among them all, and saw NOTHING even remotely like this, or even fans doing anything but celebrating (or yawning since it was so darn late).
I am not saying it didn’t happen, because it obviously did. And I am not saying it is not horrible that some people will act like that, because it truly is! What I am saying is; this was NOT the general scenery by far!
I can see that this is taken from the southern end-zone stands. For those thinking that this is a student section, it is NOT! It is what is known as the “Circle-K Red Zoneâ€, which is described as “general admission seating area†on the ArizonaWildcats.com website.
The ZonaZoo (the student section) is on the Eastern sideline.
However, let me play “devil’s advocate†for a second. As someone else pointed out, maybe, just maybe, it was not entirely unprovoked by the Hawkeye fans filming this. There are other Hawkeye fans around the unruly Wildcat “fans†(and I use that term loosely), that are completely left out of it. It is not an attack on Iowa or their fans in general, but on the ones that also happen to be the providers of the 1 minute 24 second video that shows the Arizona "fans" being morons. It does not show what led up to this incident. This doesn’t excuse their behavior, but please keep in mind that it is a one-sided portrayal of the incident.
Once again, sorry that anyone had to experience this, and I hope it doesn’t keep anyone from showing up next time!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

Dear Iowa Fans,
First off; I am sorry that any of you visiting Tucson felt anything but welcome! We truly loved to have you visit, and hope you will come back again next time!
I got the mentioned email from our AD, but had no clue what actually went on until I just now found a video of the end zone incident on youtube.
What a disgrace!
I felt I had to find somewhere to apologize for the behavior some of you were subjected to from some absolute morons!
I was at the game, and while there definitely was some friendly taunting and “let us who can cheer for our team the loudest†going on in the area I was at, and yes there were also "way too many" Hawkeyes in my area :), there was absolutely no hostility or anything even remotely like what I just saw in that video.
After the game I walked out of the stadium with thousands of other fans in both Red and Black & Gold. I walked about a mile among them all, and saw NOTHING even remotely like this, or even fans doing anything but celebrating (or yawning since it was so darn late).
I am not saying it didn’t happen, because it obviously did. And I am not saying it is not horrible that some people will act like that, because it truly is! What I am saying is; this was NOT the general scenery by far!
I can see that this is taken from the southern end-zone stands. For those thinking that this is a student section, it is NOT! It is what is known as the “Circle-K Red Zoneâ€, which is described as “general admission seating area†on the ArizonaWildcats.com website.
However, let me play “devil’s advocate†for a second. As someone else pointed out, maybe, just maybe, it was not entirely unprovoked by the Hawkeye fans filming this. There are other Hawkeye fans around the unruly Wildcat “fans†(and I use that term loosely), that are completely left out of it. It is not an attack on Iowa or their fans in general, but on the ones that also happen to be the providers of the 1 minute 24 second video that shows the Arizona "fans" being morons. It does not show what led up to this incident. This doesn’t excuse their behavior, but please keep in mind that it is a one-sided portrayal of the incident.
Once again, sorry that anyone had to experience this, and I hope it doesn’t keep anyone from showing up next time!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

deer uoff a fan,
thankx and gfy

Dear Iowa Fans,
What a disgrace!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

So help me understand why I repeatedly was subjected to "go home a holes" and "f*** iowa" throughout the entire evening with your lovely fans.

PS--It will absolutely keep people from showing up next time. However, I heard that Oregon cheerleader that your fans assaulted is going to come back and knock some of your fans out.

Dear Iowa Fans,
What a disgrace!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

Dear Iowa Fans,
What a disgrace!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

Generally, these types of gloating troll-posts are moderately amusing, at least for a short time. Your efforts, however, have fallen well short of even the most rudimentary mark.
Work on your style and content, develop more of an edge, and then come back disguised as the fan of a different team.
Now, pi$$ off.

Oregon cheerleaders say "mama said knock you out"

images

Generally, these types of gloating troll-posts are moderately amusing, at least for a short time. Your efforts, however, have fallen well short of even the most rudimentary mark.
Work on your style and content, develop more of an edge, and then come back disguised as the fan of a different team.
Well... sorry if my discontent with the Arizona fans in question was interpreted as gloating. That was not the intent!

Now, pi$$ off.
But at least it is comforting to know that a lack of class can be found elsewhere as well.
And don't worry, I am moving on now.

Latest posts