Typical ISU mindset

If Iowa loses any game with a 10 point lead late in the forth we would all say the same thing. You are really reaching.

So he'd rather admit that he's a loser... than that his competitor is a winner.

Says it all.
4 years in Ames does that to a person. Read cyfan. Hawk fans are giving credit to isu, so clone fans are arguing saying that Iowa isn't good because they barely beat a bad team. Makes sense in their world to demean their own team in order to take shots at Iowa

4 years in Ames does that to a person. Read cyfan. Hawk fans are giving credit to isu, so clone fans are arguing saying that Iowa isn't good because they barely beat a bad team. Makes sense in their world to demean their own team in order to take shots at Iowa
now they are blaming the ESPN 2 anchors saying they favored Iowa with their announcing.

Until they get a coach that comes in and cleans out the shi**y attitude that hangs over that program, they'll never be a consistent winner. That was step #1 for Hayden and it was the key to turning things around at Iowa.

If Iowa loses any game with a 10 point lead late in the forth we would all say the same thing. You are really reaching.

I can't recall an Iowa player ever saying anything like this. There is a difference between saying you shot yourself in the foot and trying to take away what the other team did to win the game. Is it a big deal? No, but you will never hear an ISU player, especially someone like Lazard recognize what the other team (Iowa) did well, but you hear it from the Hawks all the time. Just saying...

If I were a clone fan or player my mindset would be "on to Akron ". Their bowl chances took a big hit on Saturday. Lose to the Zips and their bowl chances are done and it is just another year like the previous 5.

We all need to stop looking through our black and gold glasses sometimes. If we lost and Wadley said that, we would all agree with him. Be reasonable.

I like my black and gold glasses just fine. Lazard has acted like a too before... he gets no breaks.

Until they get a coach that comes in and cleans out the shi**y attitude that hangs over that program, they'll never be a consistent winner. That was step #1 for Hayden and it was the key to turning things around at Iowa.

Step 1 for Hayden was figuring out how to take advantage of the scholarship limitations and find guys out of places like Texas and Ohio that the big boys were no longer able to bury on their benches. A program like ISU has a 1,000x bigger uphill battle to climb today than Hayden did in that landscape. If a delusional attitude change was step 1, Rhoads would have had ISU to back to back playoff berths.

We all need to stop looking through our black and gold glasses sometimes. If we lost and Wadley said that, we would all agree with him. Be reasonable.
I definitely wouldn't blame a poster over at cyfan supporting his comments, and don't disagree that some of our posters would act similarly if it was Akrum saying something similar. My point is, and this is based on my personal experience watching Hawkeyes being interviewed, that we DON'T see guys like Akrum saying something similar.

With that said, I didn't mean to say Lazard's comments are necessarily a huge deal, but in my mind it seemed like a slightly more passive aggressive version of Monte Morris' quote after losing to Iowa "My hat goes off to them, but they know they’re not better than us."