Tyler Ulis

ATLHawkeye

I'm watching Kentucky play a French team in Puerto Rico on ESPN-U and one of the game announcers just said...

"We are getting to see one of the electric young players in college basketball. He will quickly be a fan favorite across the nation... Tyler Ulis."

At the time I thought he would go to Kentucky and ride the pines, but I guess he may not have made such a bad decision after all. Sure would have liked to see him wearing black and gold!

I'm watching Kentucky play a French team in Puerto Rico on ESPN-U and one of the game announcers just said...

"We are getting to see one of the electric young players in college basketball. He will quickly be a fan favorite across the nation... Tyler Ulis."

At the time I thought he would go to Kentucky and ride the pines, but I guess he may not have made such a bad decision after all. Sure would have liked to see him wearing black and gold!

Yes, he is an immediate impact pg for UK, and has a shot at starting as a frosh...but will play a lot the next 4 years. Already a huge fan fav in Kentucky...he is flat out special. I really do think that if Mudiay had committed to UK rather than SMU, Ulis is at Iowa, and he would be a game-changer for the program. We get him, we probably land a couple of other top 100 guys, as they know about him. But, alas, we missed on him, and have not come close to a top 150 recruit since....hope we do not look back at this miss as the turning point in momentum under Fran.

He would've had an immediate impact no matter where he went.

True, but some questioned if he would get playing time at UK where they have 12 top 50 recruits on their roster...most top 20. I felt he would, but many fans did not think a 5'8'' pg could excel immediately at UK....they have the most talent in the land and a returning top 5 pg....Harrison might now move to the wing at times.

Yes, he is an immediate impact pg for UK, and has a shot at starting as a frosh...but will play a lot the next 4 years. Already a huge fan fav in Kentucky...he is flat out special. I really do think that if Mudiay had committed to UK rather than SMU, Ulis is at Iowa, and he would be a game-changer for the program. We get him, we probably land a couple of other top 100 guys, as they know about him. But, alas, we missed on him, and have not come close to a top 150 recruit since....hope we do not look back at this miss as the turning point in momentum under Fran.

It could have been the turning point that accelerated Iowa's program, but I think Iowa will continue to get better without him, just maybe not as fast. However, no one can blame Fran for losing Ulis to Kentucky. Fran was in on him early when no one else was and there probably isn't much else Fran could of done. It happens.

It could have been the turning point that accelerated Iowa's program, but I think Iowa will continue to get better without him, just maybe not as fast. However, no one can blame Fran for losing Ulis to Kentucky. Fran was in on him early when no one else was and there probably isn't much else Fran could of done. It happens.

I disagree. Fran could have shown up to Tyler's house wearing a blue and white shirt with UK on it, introduced himself as "Coach Cal" an told him if he didn't sign right then and there, the offer would be pulled. Of course, he have a letter of intent to play at Iowa for Tyler to sign.

It isn't like he was an Iowa lock if Kentucky wouldn't have swooped in...MSU offered late and were big time contenders.

It isn't like he was an Iowa lock if Kentucky wouldn't have swooped in...MSU offered late and were big time contenders.

Ulis said when he made his announcement that Iowa was the choice behind Kentucky. MSU was definitely a contender, but Fran had beat everyone out by UK. Not that it really matters, finishing second in recruiting is the same as finishing 10th.

Latest posts