Tyler Sash Combine

I was thinking that if he ran less than 4.60 I'd be surprised. If he ran anything below a 4.55, I'd be REALLY surprised. 4.64 seems about right for him.

Well 4.6 isn't going to pop any eyes, but it's not a huge red flag either. The thing about the Safety position is a half step gained either through technique or by processing information and making the correct decision quicker shaves at least .2 off a 40 time.

I don't think he'll have any trouble finding his way on a team that runs a lot of cover 2.

John Lynch ran a 4.64 at the combine and he's one of the best safties ever.

I wish him the best of luck as well, but why would you leave early THIS year. There is an outside chance that there in no NFL this year and a decent chance of a shortened season and possible lock-out. I think he could have helped himself by sticking around. At the same time it'd be really difficult turning down a chance at the league.

Not to be negative on old Tyler, but he did 11 reps on the BP. I think that is the low for any player in the combine.

Not to be negative on old Tyler, but he did 11 reps on the BP. I think that is the low for any player in the combine.

UGH! I am not a numbers guy, but ouch. I hope he can impress during the drills. The positive on him is he has some pretty solid tape of the past couple of years. I just hope that's enough to land him a "permanent" job.

I wish him the best of luck as well, but why would you leave early THIS year. There is an outside chance that there in no NFL this year and a decent chance of a shortened season and possible lock-out. I think he could have helped himself by sticking around. At the same time it'd be really difficult turning down a chance at the league.

I'm with you as far as the labor talks go, but I think he should've gone last year. he was younger and had a better year. I don't think he had any benefit from staying one more year other than to get older and take a bigger beating. He wasn't going to be faster or stronger at the combine next year.

I'm with you as far as the labor talks go, but I think he should've gone last year. he was younger and had a better year. I don't think he had any benefit from staying one more year other than to get older and take a bigger beating. He wasn't going to be faster or stronger at the combine next year.

This. He's pretty much peaked physically. He's going to turn 23 in May, I believe, and he's already had 2 shoulder surgeries. He needed to cash in while he can.

Two shoulder surgeries could certainly explain relatiely low bench press numbers as well.

Obvioulsy the bench press has no direct correaltion of being able to take someone's head off. Watch the tapes... nobody head hunts like Sash. Dude laid people out every time. Down right nasty.

Hopefully he got a degree in something meaningful, because he wont stay in the league long. Few years and a couple teams later and he is done. Needed to come back last year to get his degree and hopefully be successful after football.

I hope the Bears jump on Tyler Sash in the 3rd round if he is there. Tyler hits like a ton of bricks,and the Bears need help at safety. Tyler has the instincts to play either safety spot,and is athletic enough to stick. Former all-staters in bb like Brandon Myers and Tyler Sash always have better feet than expected.

4.54 is a good time for a safety. He might not be a starter in the first couple of years but if he stays healthy he will be a very good 3rd or 4th safety for someone and play on almost all special teams from the jump. He will be just fine in the NFL.

Latest posts