Tyler Linderbaum is returning next year

It would be great if Heflin stays too. Man..you need the anchor on the DL with Nixon and Gholston gone. It's great having VV back at end too...but Heflin would be huge to add to keep some continuity.

Great news, but I would figure Linderbaum is a lock for the NFL. Can he really improve his draft stock that much with another year?

Great news, but I would figure Linderbaum is a lock for the NFL. Can he really improve his draft stock that much with another year?

Linderbaum has the cred to take out a nice insurance policy but maybe he likes playing college ball with his buddies.

The kid grew up in Solon, enjoys putting that tigerhawk on every Saturday. He is going to ride it out for another year....I am glad he is coming back.

Return our QB, RB, 5 players on the line with starting experience, Tracy, Ragaini, LaPorta, etc. On the offensive side of the ball we should be pretty solid.

This is great news. I imagine he will be a 1st round pick with one more year in college.

I hope the rest of the year is full of news this good.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already made the rounds again, but worth a read - extremely complimentary analysis of Linderbaum from an NFL prospect perspective:

Say what you will about Iowa as a program (good or bad), but they can really teach OL play. It's remarkable. If we could land NFL caliber RBs with the kind of consistency Wisconsin does, who knows where'd we be.

Linderbaum looks like a classic Iowa OL story - big + strong + instinct for leverage (wrassler) + high motor + work ethic + being taught technique by the best. He oughta make some NFL GM very pleased in the near future.

I think he's nuts not to go now, but I'm thrilled to have him back.

Awesome to see another player not putting money at the top of his priority list in life Obviously loves being a Hawkeye and wants to enjoy it for another year, good for him! Somebody raised him right and he is gonna be a success if he never plays a down in the NFL.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already made the rounds again, but worth a read - extremely complimentary analysis of Linderbaum from an NFL prospect perspective:

Say what you will about Iowa as a program (good or bad), but they can really teach OL play. It's remarkable. If we could land NFL caliber RBs with the kind of consistency Wisconsin does, who knows where'd we be.

Linderbaum looks like a classic Iowa OL story - big + strong + instinct for leverage (wrassler) + high motor + work ethic + being taught technique by the best. He oughta make some NFL GM very pleased in the near future.

I think he's nuts not to go now, but I'm thrilled to have him back.
Not to mention the ability of the coaches to recognize where he would be best, not on the DL where he started out

I'm still surprised he's coming back... Such a huge deal. Anytime a kid turns down 1st even 2nd round pick $ to come back to college is a surprising thing. I'm not trying to change his mind that's in our favor and can't wait to see him keep kicking ass. I bet Tyler Goodson and Petras both jumped out of their chairs when they heard that