Tyler Goodson

What difference does it make as long we're winning? We have a couple of back that are like peas and carrots and we're moving the ball on the ground nicely.

Stacked boxes for two straight games...with a early, more consistent pass game...he'll have more run.

The compliment each other well.

I've noticed a little hesitation and feet shuffle with Goodson, but not enough to be concerned.

Hes a true sophomore who's shown explosive ability. He'll only get better. He's carried tge load and they're finding ways to get him the ball.

He's a stud. Seems to have great attitude.

Love the way Seargant runs. We're lucky to have them both, hopefully we have them both next year.

You watch and observe. You see and discuss. That's football forums. Ive not seen a running back prepare to be tackled like this in my time watching the Hawks. Forget yardage and skill.

Maybe it's just me but Goodson seems to be the guy always looking for a big play even when he could just put his head down and get 2 yards. He waits a split second before hitting the line and, sometimes, he winds up gaining nothing or taking a loss.

Maybe it's just me but Goodson seems to be the guy always looking for a big play even when he could just put his head down and get 2 yards. He waits a split second before hitting the line and, sometimes, he winds up gaining nothing or taking a loss.

That is what I am seeing. And he hasn't always run like this, I just think he's gotten into a bit of a rut where he is thinking more than just reacting. He will eventually get in his groove.

I’m not saying TG isn’t good. I love watching him. I think he brings a ton of upside in the passing game. I just brought it up because I feel like he’s not breaking the spins and quick side steps that he did at the end of last year. I just thought maybe something was wrong with him. Last year he reminded me of a thicker Wadley.

My reaction to the criticism of TG on this thread. I watch the games live, and on DVR, and I coached at the high school level for many years including several power 5 recruits. This is the proverbial tempest in a tea pot. I can hardly believe the nonsense.

TG looks ready to run. Maybe on a lot of his runs he doesnt have any immediate quick hole so he hesitates to see if one will develop rather than charge in to get a 1 yard gain, not sure.

I so know that the run he had late in the first half at Illinois, maybe 45 to 55 seconds left in the half, he saw a hole at the handoff and just exploded through it, he was gone except for an ankle tackle or that might have been the play where a Dlineman purposefully tripped him.

I to wish he would cutback a little more because sometimes there are a lot of yards available to him.

But I cant take anything away from his play, he is tough and gets extra yards, can catch, has speed, etc

And Sargent is pushing him, playing really well. It is too bad for IKM in some ways.

Latest posts