Tyler Goodson skipping bowl game

Best of luck to him. Lets see what Williams can do going forward carrying the bulk of the touches.

However, does he really think he can make an NFL team at this point in time? Scout team? Just seemed like maybe he could have used another year. Best of luck to him.

He's gone. Not surprising.
Yeah it's not terribly surprising. It is an interesting decision though. Coming back I don't think would have enhanced his stock and that's ultimately why he went. He is who he is his skill set is what it is. He's not going to gain 20 lbs or get noticeably faster. All he'd do is take hits and put miles on his legs and risk injury by coming back.

I'd be surprised if he gets drafted though. I haven't looked at all the other backs he'll be competing with but is he a top 10 guy? Top 20? And how many get taken?

I suspect he'll have a similar road to what Sargent has had so far. Hope he's cool with that.

I'm not surprised given the frustration of playing behind that OLine, given that he was so often pulled out after a nice run, his caries were limited and other stuff i've heard rumblings about.

I never felt like he hit his ceiling.
Yeah because skill/speed/vision wise I felt like he was really good. But between our Oline/playcalling/gameplans how Defenses played us he didn't have the career he was capable of. We all can agree on that

looking forward to watching Gavin williams run with his head down into the back of a blocker or stumble forward for 2 yards with open field ahead of him. No juice, no big plays from him.

I'm not surprised given the frustration of playing behind that OLine, given that he was so often pulled out after a nice run, his caries were limited and other stuff i've heard rumblings about.

I never felt like he hit his ceiling.

It was feast or famine with him. Either he was getting chunk yardage or he was getting blown up for a 4 yard loss. Some of it was on him, some of it wasn't.

looking forward to watching Gavin williams run with his head down into the back of a blocker or stumble forward for 2 yards with open field ahead of him. No juice, no big plays from him.
or he ran like guy that didn't want to make mistakes. which I totally understand. He got playing time because IKM had a case of the fumblitis so you understand why he was overly cautious.

Interesting comment as I actually see Gavin's running style having a bigger upside in this offense and look forward to him getting more touches. Don't take that as a shot at Tyler by any means.

I would have loved to have him back next year, but I don't think his draft status is going up much. He has above average skills in everything except blocking, but nothing about him is elite. I could see him catching on somewhere as a third down back if someone can teach him how to pick up a blitz. He is an excellent pass catcher. Best of luck. Can't say I blame him. RBs have such a short shelf life.

Latest posts