Tyler Cook

Tierney

Tyler Cooks basketball team is going to play Oak Hill on Thursday night at 6:30. Its going to be on ESPN.

From what I saw, Tyler was in foul trouble most of the night. He had 3 fouls at halftime and picked up his 4th not very far into the 3rd quarter.

I was kind of watching the game. He had 4-6 points if I remember. I do remember, switching the channel back to the game, where he went to the line and missed two free throws, which would have tied the game late in the contest.

He obviously isn't the focal point on his team. That falls to the guy going to Duke. Tyler was open under the basket the entire first half but never got the ball. He barely touched it the second half. Of course, when you put these HS games on ESPN, everyone wants to showcase their own game.

You can't judge from just one game. That being said, from what I saw he got in foul trouble, stood around a lot and missed two crucial free throws at the end. Hopefully there is a lot more to his game than we saw, which I'm certain there is.

You can't judge from just one game. That being said, from what I saw he got in foul trouble, stood around a lot and missed two crucial free throws at the end. Hopefully there is a lot more to his game than we saw, which I'm certain there is.

He had nice form and swished the 2 free throws he took early. Then he made a short to mid range jump shot. Oak Hill went zone and Cook didn't get many opportunities...because of the zone and selfish play of his teammates. Cook had opportunities to put up some 17 foot jumpers but played within himself. I didn't watch beyond the first quarter and a half...could see he wasn't going to touch the ball much on the block. I like the idea of Cook and Wagner playing together inside next year.

Latest posts