Tyler Cook Trims List to 6

Tyler would be smart to pick the Hawkeyes. The Coaching staff at Iowa, with
Sherm Dillard, Kirk Speraw and Andrew Francis are 1st class. Fran's staff is
underrated in my honest opinion.

I got 50 cents on Cook committing by Tuesday (anyone got the odds of this). No inside information just a gut feeling after tonight's atmosphere, and him dropping Missouri from his list. For along time they were the leaders after hiring either his hs coach or aau coach to their coaching staff. He would be a great get for Fran and I think he could be a huge building block for the future.
I'm feeling better after Saturday simply because the atmosphere at Kinnick was so loud and united. He does have a visit to Arkansas this upcoming weekend though, and I'd assume he'll watch Bilemma take on Texas A&M. A third straight loss down there probably won't be as fun as Iowa City was this past Saturday.

I never put much into visits to games as a deciding factor but I definitely think they can confirm how a recruit feels about a program.

Last edited:
I got 50 cents on Cook committing by Tuesday (anyone got the odds of this). No inside information just a gut feeling after tonight's atmosphere, and him dropping Missouri from his list. For along time they were the leaders after hiring either his hs coach or aau coach to their coaching staff. He would be a great get for Fran and I think he could be a huge building block for the future.
I hope he ends up committing to Iowa, but I doubt it will be Tuesday. He is visiting Arkansas this coming weekend.

I'm feeling better after Saturday simply because the atmosphere at Kinnick was so loud and united. He does have a visit to Arkansas this upcoming weekend though, and I'd assume he'll watch Bilemma take on Texas A&M. A third straight loss down there probably won't be as fun as Iowa City was this past Saturday.

I never put much into visits to games as a deciding factor but I definitely think they can confirm how a recruit feels about a program.
You beat me to it. I think Kinnick was a recruiting advantage this weekend. Having been there and hearing how loud and emotional it was, I don't know how anyone interested in Iowa could have had anything negative to say about it. We really do have great fans, and I was proud to be a Hawkeye through the entire experience Saturday night. One the best times I've ever had there, and I wasn't even drinking!

Not a chance Arkansas's environment can match what ours was... With Greenwood leading them out and it being a night game and just how the game went it just won't be even close.... If your looking for a family atmosphere then Iowa is as good as it gets be it football or basketball.

Not a chance Arkansas's environment can match what ours was... With Greenwood leading them out and it being a night game and just how the game went it just won't be even close.... If your looking for a family atmosphere then Iowa is as good as it gets be it football or basketball.

Tyler Cook reportedly has canceled his visit to Arkansas. :D

It definitely seems like Iowa is close to sealing the deal for Tyler. Outstanding get for Fran and company. Program changer.

One thing that I remember some saying about Tyler was that he struggled playing against tall centers and would need to play the 4 in college. It'll be interesting to see where Fran decides to play him. If he can't play the 5, I'm curious who will play that position against taller B1G teams.

If someone can establish themselves as the primary scorer to replace Jarrod, I honestly feel pretty comfortable with our chances of making the tournament after this year.

twitter.com

This is 2015, there aren't really links to articles about recruiting...and if there are, they are pay sites anyway. Twitter is where you basically get information these days and there aren't links.

Sorry that not all of us here are Bill Jobs.

Wow--if we get him, that would be a huge get for Fran.

I just watched a couple of his videos and really liked what I saw. He reminds me a lot of myself at that age.

So if he signs we have
Cordell Pemsl
Jordan Bohannon
Tyler Cook

Good class how many scholarships would we have left?

So if he signs we have
Cordell Pemsl
Jordan Bohannon
Tyler Cook

Good class how many scholarships would we have left?
And Kriener.

If/when Tyler commits, there will be no more scholarships for this class. There's 1 scholarship remaining for the next two classes with Joe Wieskamp and Connor McCaffrey already on board.

And Kriener.If/when Tyler commits, there will be no more scholarships for this class. There's 1 scholarship remaining for the next two classes with Joe Wieskamp and Connor McCaffrey already on board.
If my minds correct here will Bohannon be starting as a freshman since trey left!?

Latest posts