Tyler Cook news

Took a bit of a stab at Fran, "not allowed to play that way in college". The ball went through him on every possession, he faced up at the top of the key with the ball. He was allowed to drive and shoot. What the hell is he talking about?

Took a bit of a stab at Fran, "not allowed to play that way in college". The ball went through him on every possession, he faced up at the top of the key with the ball. He was allowed to drive and shoot. What the hell is he talking about?

I'd say it was more of a stab at the college game vs. the NBA game.

You don’t need to play at a school that puts guys in the NBA to make it in the NBA. If you’re talented enough they’ll find you.

I still think Tyler will find difficulty finding a role at the next level. He is just a tweener. Too small to D up most centers in the league, and not enough of a shooter to play the 4. Hopefully he sees how guys like Reggie Evans made a living in the league and makes himself too productive to leave on the bench. I am glad he is getting his shot!!!

Well the dude has already proven me wrong. Keep on doing it doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. Happy as hell for the guy. It'll be fun to see him get a shot.

He was waived by the Cavs today so he doesn’t get that NBA contract money after all. Sounds like Cavs are making a trade and need an extra roster spot. Bad break for TC.

He was waived by the Cavs today so he doesn’t get that NBA contract money after all. Sounds like Cavs are making a trade and need an extra roster spot. Bad break for TC.

Yep...likely trying to move Kevin Love and opening up roster spots for prospects or expiring contracts.

Tough break for TC but hopefully they put him back in the G league. Being one of those fringe players has to be a massive roller coaster of emotions. I remember Uthoff and Marble going through some of that as well.

Saw he's going to get 50k guaranteed anyway plus whatever he's already gotten. Better then a kick in the ass anyway. There's a chance he'll catch on somewhere. That's about the worst franchise to have been stuck on now I'd say anyway. Only can go up from there.

Saw he's going to get 50k guaranteed anyway plus whatever he's already gotten. Better then a kick in the ass anyway. There's a chance he'll catch on somewhere. That's about the worst franchise to have been stuck on now I'd say anyway. Only can go up from there.
I feel like as a fringe player you are so much better off going to a good team and seeing if you can carve out a niche’ on that team. If you go to a crappy team it’s too easy to get lost in the shuffle. Just a thought I had.

I feel like as a fringe player you are so much better off going to a good team and seeing if you can carve out a niche’ on that team. If you go to a crappy team it’s too easy to get lost in the shuffle. Just a thought I had.
For sure no doubt. Even just a higher more profile team that's on TV once in a blue moon would be better. Teams like Cleveland that stink and are in a small market are just a double wammy for being insignificant. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere I'm sure he's not too picky though

It's cold, cold, cold in the professional sports world. One minute your new coach is saying how great it is to have you on the team, the next you're being shown the door, with a lovely parting gift.

Is there some behind the scenes logic to this type of move? You move a guy up from G league to full time roster and less than a week later cut him loose entirely? What are they thinking? I would have a hard time working under those kind of conditions.

Is there some behind the scenes logic to this type of move? You move a guy up from G league to full time roster and less than a week later cut him loose entirely? What are they thinking? I would have a hard time working under those kind of conditions.
It's the two-way contract system. Teams get 15 full roster slots and 2 two-way slots. If the parent team loses players to injury, they can convert the two-way players to a full slot, to free up a two-way slot to take a closer look at another G Leaguer. I agree it's harsh, but the players get a ton more money than if they are stuck with a basic G League deal. Hopefully TC can catch on somewhere else, otherwise it'll be off to play some international ball.

Rumor is they are gearing up to try trading away Kevin Love and cutting Cook opens a roster spot for if they bring in more then they give up kinda thing too... Who knows it's the NBA

Latest posts