Tyler Cook Gone

I wish the kid the best and think he was a good Hawkeye. This was always the plan so not overly surprised and I think we have depth in place to soften the blown

ISU loses Horton-Tucker, Wigginton, Shayok and Lard. That’s the majority of their scoring.

We lose Baer and Cook which is a big loss in rebounding and some scoring.

Looks like both teams will be taking a step back.

So hes done done? No testing the waters and coming back this time? That kinda surprises me in the sense that he'd slamming shut a door for himself this early. Wish him well but I dont see him on an NBA roster next yr. Hope hes got a plan B and maybe C for what he wants to do next year.

Hope something good happens to him. I see some great opportunity for Nunge, Pemsl, etc. Cook was a specimen without the critical skills or fundamentals. He wilted in the Big Dance. Iowa could be better next year.

If Cook can't make the NBA or a European team, the Cedar Valley Court Kings in the Waterloo area would probably let him try out....
CV-CourtKings-1-1-600x600.jpg

Somehow I stumbled upon a G league game the other night on Tv and watched for a couple minutes.

What I noticed about the game is it’s very paced, guys have to process what’s in front of them much faster, rotations on defense are much longer, due to the spread floor and the defensive 3 seconds rule. Nearly everyone can shoot it and there is hardly any back to the basket play. Most of the guys are former college stars and also very athletic. I don’t think TC can excel in this type of play I think he would get abused defensively in rotations and have a tough time finding his niche offensively.

With that said he can probably carve out a nice career overseas and make some good money if he’s smart about it.

If he could have dedicated himself to being a tenacious rebounder and a solid back to the basket player with an abundance of post moves, he might have had a chance to carve out a nice career somewhere. Unfortunately, his effort on the boards was inconsistent, his handles aren’t good, his only post move was a dropstep dunk, and his jumpshot is non existent. Guys with his athleticism are a dime a dozen in the League and the top levels in Europe. I’m thinking somewhere like Turkey is where he’ll land...

This might be a strange coincidence with this Fran is looking around story. But it might not be. What would next season predictions look like if Baer, Dailey, Cook and Moss all left? I know there isn't any Moss rumors floating around yet but it wouldn't surprise me if he left too. That would likely cause this team to slide back into the 6-10 slot in the BIG next season. Maybe Fran knows expectations will be higher than he can meet.

Quickest first step Ive seen. Not a NBA player. I wonder who is counseling him.

Thanks for your time. You were a good one.

I wish TC the best, and think he was a great Hawk. I wish he'd come back for his senior year. That being said, don't most people that make a living playing basketball, anywhere in the world, have a decent shot outside three feet?

Good luck, Mr. Cook. Thanks for three years of fun.

Work hard and positive things will happen, regardless of where you go or what you do for a living.

Latest posts