Two Very Ugly B1G Games Thursday

I

ILHawk

Check out the OSU/NW and WI/MN games. 24 minutes in and very little scoring.

This is the best conference?

Best defenses? Worst offenses?

MN w/ 14 points and 2 minutes and a little change left in half.

OSU late in half at home trailing NW by 4?

You're kidding, right? We're talking about Northwestern and Wisconsin games here. Since when is there a **** ton of scoring in games involving those two teams?

Actually everyone but IU seems to have a propensity to go long periods of time w/o scoring.

Actually everyone but IU seems to have a propensity to go long periods of time w/o scoring.

Indiana can go cold for a while as well. It's something that happens to every team as some point. It just happens more often against Big Ten defenses.

According to Kenpom, UW and NU play at some of the losest temposin the country, 332 and 319 out of 347 respectively. Minnesota isn't a whole lot better at 260. 10th, 11th, and 12th in the conference. UW, of course has been giving the B1G a bad name in that department for years.

By far the best conferences and coaches!
Go watch and Sec 50-48 games to observe the worst conference. Bad offense trumps the bad defense there.

I just don't see it at the same intensity as the B1G. Nor do I believe it is all defense.

I know the SEC isn't good.

When your team is struggling to score you go to man to man to up the adrenaline and/or drive/press. Don't tell me OSU's struggle with NW was really about defense as much as offensive weakness.

As far as coaches, only Izzo and the dude from Wisky are time proven great coaches who persevere. Matta is getting close. Everyone else is still proving themselves. There are that many great proven coaches in the nation.

Even Lon Kruger hasn't shown he can persevere with all the rebuilding he's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minnesota might be the worst coached team in the country.
I've never been impressed with Tubby Smith as a coach. He had one good run with Kentucky, but that was with someone else's recruits. If he were that good a coach, he'd be doing better at a place like Minnesota.

Just my $.02 .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Latest posts