Two, maybe three things almost certain to happen

thompj

I hate to be a wet blanket here, because I consider myself a glass half-full kind of guy, but the last several weeks have been absolutely sickening. The way I see it, here's what's going to happen.

1) No way we win the bowl game. Too much non-football stuff that the players and coaches are going to have to deal with and that means focus away from the game.

2) This definitely hurts recruiting. Mediocre record + bad press. 1st class athletes will stay away.

3) #2 could give us problems for years as a result.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hate to be a wet blanket here, because I consider myself a glass half-full kind of guy, but the last several weeks have been absolutely sickening. The way I see it, here's what's going to happen.

1) No way we win the bowl game. Too much non-football stuff that the players and coaches are going to have to deal with and that means focus away from the game.

2) This definitely hurts recruiting. Mediocre record + bad press. 1st class athletes will stay away.

3) #2 could give us problems for years as a result.

I hope I'm wrong.

#4) ARob is not coming back. To me that press release was basically a way of showing him where the door is and hoping he knows how to walk out of it.

If that was the case, why not just dismiss him? Why allow him the "option" to return?

Save him some face. He was a huge part of a great year last year and I don't think that KF is in the business of shattering a young man's confidence. Kind of the same thing as the Wegher situation.

Everyone seems to want to believe the worst. I think tomorrow they have a presser to answer the state of the program since the arrest and to stop all the rumors. This is the presser everyone wanted right after DJK got arrested. There's no way the suspend more players tomorrow just to call them out for failing a drug test. These are coaches who reveal very little about suspensions and all the sudden they're going to change that behavior?

I think this is the end of the disciplinary action and they have a presser to answer any follow-up questions so they can get on with bowl practice and recruiting. I submit to you that all these threads from adults do more damage to recruiting than anything the team of 18-22 year-olds has done. You never know who is lurking out there...like maybe parents or relatives of recruits.

Everyone seems to want to believe the worst. I think tomorrow they have a presser to answer the state of the program since the arrest and to stop all the rumors. This is the presser everyone wanted right after DJK got arrested. There's no way the suspend more players tomorrow just to call them out for failing a drug test. These are coaches who reveal very little about suspensions and all the sudden they're going to change that behavior?

I think this is the end of the disciplinary action and they have a presser to answer any follow-up questions so they can get on with bowl practice and recruiting. I submit to you that all these threads from adults do more damage to recruiting than anything the team of 18-22 year-olds has done. You never know who is lurking out there...like maybe parents or relatives of recruits.

One of the best responses i have read on the topic. Spot on.

Your overlooking the Robinson case. He was suspended due to "violation of team rules" or in other terms: he's having academic issues, again. That's why he wasn't dismissed from the team

#4) ARob is not coming back. To me that press release was basically a way of showing him where the door is and hoping he knows how to walk out of it.

Couldn't disagree more. I'm sure the press release had nothing that A-Rob hasn't been told to his face already. They are leaving the door wide open for him to return; he just has to do what it takes to walk through it.

Your overlooking the Robinson case. He was suspended due to "violation of team rules" or in other terms: he's having academic issues, again. That's why he wasn't dismissed from the team

Exactly, Ferentz said he can return when classes start in January. I doubt it has anything to do with drugs.

Latest posts