Two interesting Scenerios

briankaldenberg

I talked with someone who has been reading gobs and gobs of information on the expansion topic last night. He had some really good ideas and theories how he thinks things will play out.

He thinks we are going to add two more teams, and that Missouri will be one of them. (Missouri and Texas) or (Missouri and Notre Dame).

Texas will be the first choice of the Big 10. He thinks they are going to demand a lion's share from their Pac 10 deal. If they don't get their way, they will join the Big 10.

If the Pac 10 gives into Texas' demands then Notre Dame is going to get owned. Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue all threaten to quit playing ND in football if they don't join the Big 10 and they would almost certainly be forced to join.

Also, if Notre Dame joins they will only have to play 7 conference games (for the first two years) to satisfy more out of conference games. This will allow Notre Dame time to ween itself out of some it it's annual traditions.

I talked with someone who has been reading gobs and gobs of information on the expansion topic last night. He had some really good ideas and theories how he thinks things will play out.

He thinks we are going to add two more teams, and that Missouri will be one of them. (Missouri and Texas) or (Missouri and Notre Dame).

Texas will be the first choice of the Big 10. He thinks they are going to demand a lion's share from their Pac 10 deal. If they don't get their way, they will join the Big 10.

If the Pac 10 gives into Texas' demands then Notre Dame is going to get owned. Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue all threaten to quit playing ND in football if they don't join the Big 10 and they would almost certainly be forced to join.

Also, if Notre Dame joins they will only have to play 7 conference games (for the first two years) to satisfy more out of conference games. This will allow Notre Dame time to ween itself out of some it it's annual traditions.

I hear you re: Texas. Chip Brown might be running a reverse.

Well he can keep reading that gobs and gobs of whatever that is he is reading but TEXAS is not going to be in the Big Ten..

It would be so freakin' fascinating if Miller&Deace were right on Friday, and Texas is separating themselves from the other Big XII South schools inorder to join the Big Ten.

Nebraska, Texas, and Notre Dame.

It would be so freakin' fascinating if Miller&Deace were right on Friday, and Texas is separating themselves from the other Big XII South schools inorder to join the Big Ten.

Nebraska, Texas, Maryland, Rutgers and Notre Dame.

Nebraska, Texas, and Notre Dame.

If Jon and Steve were predicting that KXNO ought to get the HVAC system checked; obviously there's something in the station's air causing them to make such goofy statements (well, at least Jon ... Steve, it's to be expected).

We have Nebraska. Notre Dame is a long shot. No way Texas joins the B10.

The Big 10 will NOT allow Notre Dame, Texas, or anyone else to join the league with special rules just for them. No chance in the world that scenario happens.

If they join, they'll play by the same rules as everyone else.

Never say never,but Missouri and Texas are longshots,at best. In fact, I will say Missouri is a never. I think nothing else happens this year,probably, because ND seems content right now. Another year to simmer with the current setup might start to change their mind. I will say absolutely that the Big Ten will not add anyone until ND is ready to come aboard. Then, MD or Rutgers are explored...but only one added. I say it all ends with 14 teams, and Neb,ND,and Rutgers/Md are the additions.

Brian,

I know you really want Texas to join the Big Ten but its time to come to grips with reality. it aint happening...they are heading West and its just a matter of time until i win our bet.

Never say never,but Missouri and Texas are longshots,at best. In fact, I will say Missouri is a never. I think nothing else happens this year,probably, because ND seems content right now. Another year to simmer with the current setup might start to change their mind. I will say absolutely that the Big Ten will not add anyone until ND is ready to come aboard. Then, MD or Rutgers are explored...but only one added. I say it all ends with 14 teams, and Neb,ND,and Rutgers/Md are the additions.
My feelings exactly...as soon as ND renegotiates their TV contract then they will come aboard. B10 is in the drivers seat with Michigan, OSU, Nebby and PSU (4 of the blue bloods) in the barn already. TB revenue goes through the roof and things will be good in B10 country. Heck look at the non-revenue sports...adding Nebraska volleyball, Nebraska women's bball, Nebraska baseball (although down)...it is just a great time to be in the B10.

The Big Ten has set the bar very high for admittance to the league. Penn St. and Neb since 1956(MSU)...the last 54 years. Who fits with PSU and NEB? ND and Texas..and Texas is not likely. Penn St, Neb and ND as additions would be an incredible coup for Delaney in his time at the Big Ten...hats off if he pulls it off.

Jim Delany said "Sun Belt". Nebraska isn't sun belt. Missouri is getting in on the edge of Sub Belt.

I don't know why we would only take Nebraska when we wanted some sub belt teams.