Two great moves by Fran

tweeterhawk

1) Sticking May on Hulls
2) Switching to the 3-2 collapsing zone deep into the second half, putting some height at the top.

Hoosiers did not respond well to either.

I agree. That offense they run against a man to man is just crazy screen after screen. They went to that 3-2 and kept an eye out for that Hulls and Indiana acted like if they couldn't get it to him they were screwed. They also got a couple steals late with it. So you see even I can say there are some spots to use....gulp, a zone. Just don't go crazy with it Fran.

1) Sticking May on Hulls
2) Switching to the 3-2 collapsing zone deep into the second half, putting some height at the top.

Don't you mean the 3-2 "sagging" zone? I still can't get over that guy saying that like 3 times in a row against MSU

After Hulls' dunk in the early moments of the second half, did he score again? Great move by Fran and great job by May.

1) Sticking May on Hulls

I was thinking:
1. His pacing on the sidelines
2. Controlling his facial expressions
:D

I really didn't pay attention to Indiana's defense today (Two little girls required my attention, why does the wife think she needs to go shopping during a Hawkeye game?) but did Indiana play much zone against us? During a few games earlier this year, it seemed that we had issues playing against a zone defense. Have we been doing better or have we mostly been going against Man to Man defenses?

Fran has learned that the 3-2 zone can be very effective against 3-point shooting teams. His idea earlier in the season was not to get beat down low. He must have figured that we weren't ready to bang with those guys at that point. Now the switch to the 3-2 helps put more length at the top of the zone, just daring you to take those 3's. I like what I see from him, and this team has never quit. I see a light at the end of a very dark tunnel we have been down.

Also got Bryce some rest in the middle of the 2nd half. Bryce seemed fresh down the stretch and he basically won the game for us.

Our hedgers pull of the ballhandler too soon on the high screen when we play man. Hulls benefitted from that at least two times that I recall.

Good time out when we went 8-10 down, We scored 10 straight,

Indiana pulled back on O too soon with the lead. I think we turned them over a couple times whule they were dinking around.

Our hedgers pull of the ballhandler too soon on the high screen when we play man. Hulls benefitted from that at least two times that I recall.

That's one of our biggest weaknesses right now. We don't switch off well on screens. That's helped to create quite a few of the dreaded bombs that have been dropped on us this year.

Brommer didn't look very good today. Must have still been sick. And one of those wide open 3's Hulls got was off of a ****-poor hedge by Brommer where he actually screened May, and lost his own man going to the hole.

Latest posts