Two ESPNU 150 top 10 players to consider Iowa?

beaverdaleguy

The Manchise: Trojan Horse

According to the bias of this Hawk fan, Iowa has a great shot at picking up not only Seantrel Henderson, but also USC de-commit and 6'5", 200lb WR Kyle Prater. While I believe it is a long shot, he does make a valid point or two. :)

KF tried to recruit Prater early in his process, but Prater ended up narrowing his list to 10 "powerhouses", and Iowa was not on it. But since de-committing from USC after Petey left, there is a strong case for why Chicagoland native glory seeker Prater should consider Iowa. Honestly, his only real contender for #1 is a converted QB, so why not? :)

6'5" 200lbs that kid is a monster. Fade to the corner of the end zone every time. Him and Seantral committing would be a wet dream.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, its probably just a dream... I don't think there's anyway he comes here...but we can dream!

If I'm a WR of his calibar I want to play with a top notch QB and in an offense that doesn't lean on the running game so much. That said he could be the Julio Jones to our O if he came here.

If you can play doesn't matter if you play for a team that Runs the ball. Look at the GT WR Thomas, he will be a high draft pick (Went out early) and didn't even catch a pass in the Orange Bowl.

If you can play doesn't matter if you play for a team that Runs the ball. Look at the GT WR Thomas, he will be a high draft pick (Went out early) and didn't even catch a pass in the Orange Bowl.

I know that, not saying it will have alot to do with draft status. Just saying that if I'm a top flight WR I would want the ball as much as possible and want the best QB available throwing me the ball. Lets face it, Iowa hasn't been breeding ground for NFL WR's lately.

I know that, not saying it will have alot to do with draft status. Just saying that if I'm a top flight WR I would want the ball as much as possible and want the best QB available throwing me the ball. Lets face it, Iowa hasn't been breeding ground for NFL WR's lately.

That said I think we have a pretty good WR coach and 2 or 3 WR's playing on SUnday soon.

Howe said that he talked to Prater in San Antoino and asked him if he would be looking at Iowa since Pete left USC and he said "no"

Prater- 0% chance
Henderson 25% chance

Let me preface this by stating this article is from 9 days ago.

I read the Illini board quite a bit, and they are completely obsessed with Prater, because he considered Illinois for a long time.

After he decommitted from USC, he was announced two suitors; Tennessee, and Illinois. Iowa has been, and never was even remotely in the mix for Prater. Not even a million to one chance. Zero...Nada. Keep in mind who was coach at UT at this time. After Kiffen went to USC, Prater said he was going to USC.

Prater is rock solid for SC, so don't get too worked up over this one.

Prater just re-verbaled to USC. He has not enrolled there yet as far as i have heard. Several recruits are now being told different things at USC. Don't be surprised a few more de-commits here in the next couple of days.

Tenn is also seeing a lot of their recruits de-committ. IF i was KF, Rhoades, I would be calling every recruit that has de-committed and pitch our sales.

I usually can't stand the ridiculous questions that get asked in press conferences...but when the reporter asked the new Tennessee coach if he was planning on calling any of USCs recruits to tell them not to go to class I loved it.

"If someone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude." -Kevin from The Office

"If someone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude." -Kevin from The Office

Thanks a lot for ruining a perfectly logical wager with a quote from the freaking Office.

Steve Carell makes me puke. I have not watched, nor will I ever watch, an episode of that show.

Thanks a lot for ruining a perfectly logical wager with a quote from the freaking Office.

Steve Carell makes me puke. I have not watched, nor will I ever watch, an episode of that show.

wow - sorry

You know how you can usually tell right away if you could be friends or not with somebody? Well sir, you and I could never be friends in real life. BEST show on TV

wow - sorry

You know how you can usually tell right away if you could be friends or not with somebody? Well sir, you and I could never be friends in real life. BEST show on TV

How I Met Your Mother - the funniest show on TV, IMHO.

So, you are gauging friendship on my choice in TV?

Let me guess: you probably would hold my choice in beer against me, too? (in case you are wondering, I choose A/W Root)

Latest posts