Two Deeps Released

Lot of time to change all of these. I think LB may change as we go along as well as DL. Lot of summer to grow and improve as well.

We blitzed a lot last year. That should make folks happy I guess. Except when Iowa blitzes a bunch, that is usually a bad sign for us.

We blitzed a lot last year. That should make folks happy I guess. Except when Iowa blitzes a bunch, that is usually a bad sign for us.

We did blitz more...it would just be nice if we could disguise it a little better so it becomes more effective. There is no way we will get any pressure with our front four this year.

We did blitz more...it would just be nice if we could disguise it a little better so it becomes more effective. There is no way we will get any pressure with our front four this year.

I'm not sure you intended to, but you're kinda making my point.

the 2 deeps really didnt surprise me anywhere.

qb - expected
rb - expected (though i think bullock may change back to wr)
wr - expected (though if grant had stayed he would be the clear #3 which is up for grabs right now, side note kmm had one of the best #3 wr stat lines in the kf era).
ol - expected (thought blythe would be back up at c though as i figured he would take james' spot when he graduates).
te - expected (but hamilton will see significant time and become the #2 at some point).

dl - expected (davis and alvis dont surprise me in fact i never saw davis sticking as the starter. we want quicks and leverage two things he has yet to show for our 2 gap system). the youngins could surprise everyone, rotate 10 men and go with the combos that are working each day.
lb - expected (i feel alston ends up starting and hitchens backs up the olb spots but it isnt surprising that morris is back in the middle this is for competition. plus alston looked terrible on pass coverage when he did play).
db - expected (lowery i feel will become like amari was in a yr where people dont throw his way. i think lowdermilk will really impress people and iowa will need to find a way to get him on the field other than just specials).

specials - expected (look for weinke to win and i hope that kicker is actually up for grabs because i am not sold on meyer)

I seem to remember Harold Dalton seemed to be caught out of position quite a bit. I think he was one of those given the benefit of the doubt because he was an upperclassmen before Tyler Sash (?) eventually took his job.

I want to say it was Greenwood who took Daltons job, I know it wasn't Sash, he started as a redshirt freshman right off the bat.

In Kirks presser he said Davis and Alsvis(obviously) are out with injuries. Said Davis will be healthy by June and that the staff expects big things out of him.

Hopefully Jaleel Johnson can work his way into the rotation this fall, hes the best Dline prospect weve had since Clayborn.

I still think Morris will be playing outside linebacker this year. They may have moved him back inside to give Alston someone to compete with.

So you are taking Hitchens out of the starting lineup?

I want to say it was Greenwood who took Daltons job, I know it wasn't Sash, he started as a redshirt freshman right off the bat.

I remember a couple games in that '08 season where Sash was late rotating over and Phil Parker went nuts on him.

Would be interesting to see if they would ever run a fake punt with someone who could throw well lined up at punter.

Wow...this is going to be interesting on defense. We are a couple of injuries away from playing Larry, Moe, and Curly.

I know KF is talking about guys stepping up, but man...it's a tall order. To count on someone who had an ACL tear, 8-9 months later is pretty scarey. I hope Dom can do it, but my take is that that's a true 18 months to get back to where you were physically. We will see. It's certainly possible, but man, I hope there is some voodoo or something in the works to elevate the play of who is available. Here's to a Human Growth Hormone cocktail or two this summer. Is Danny Bonaducci on staff?

Latest posts