Two deeps out for opener

How has Jay Scheel been looking of late?

I'm glad to see that Kidd is apparently going to punt.
My gosh, that's all you were brought into do..........just bleepin'
Do Your Job, as Bill Belicek would say

Marshall Koehn is too valuable, as Kicker to have him tire-out, because of punting

Interesting on OffensiveLine, I thought Eric Simmons had Won starting job, over
J Walsh. Walsh.........Do Your Job, as Bill Belicek would say.

What's the skinny on Jake Duzey? Outside chance to be on the field on September 5th.

Are you ready for the BOOOOOOOOM !!! #goHawks

My guess is Duzey will be ready no sooner than they originally said he would. No point in rushing him back with Krieger-Coble and Kittle both decent-to-good, and (hopefully) healthy.

Interesting that Jerminic Smith is Tevaun's back-up.

Jake Duzey is coming along well. He had a chance to play on week 3 or 4.

Walsh and Welsh of both been practicing on the first team. From what I see Simmons and Daniels are first off the bench at guard and center. Croston is first off the bench at both tackle spots.

Since Kidd is punting equal to Koehn it makes sense that he would be the punter.

Jake Duzey is coming along well. He had a chance to play on week 3 or 4.

Walsh and Welsh of both been practicing on the first team. From what I see Simmons and Daniels are first off the bench at guard and center. Croston is first off the bench at both tackle spots.

Since Kidd is punting equal to Koehn it makes sense that he would be the punter.

What concerns me with punting is whether or not Kidd will translate what he has done in practice onto the field come game time.

Hopefully, he can be effective and Koehn can stick to place-kicking and kick-off duties.

Also congratulations to Jerminic Smith and Riley McCarron on working your way up the depth chart. I like the Smith and Smith team a lot. Riley has worked his tail off too. He came on late but he really came on.

Jay has been struggling a bit with injuries. That put him a bid behind the other guys. I think we will see him do good things soon though.

How has Jay Scheel been looking of late?

I'm glad to see that Kidd is apparently going to punt.
My gosh, that's all you were brought into do..........just bleepin'
Do Your Job, as Bill Belicek would say

Marshall Koehn is too valuable, as Kicker to have him tire-out, because of punting

Interesting on OffensiveLine, I thought Eric Simmons had Won starting job, over
J Walsh. Walsh.........Do Your Job, as Bill Belicek would say.

What's the skinny on Jake Duzey? Outside chance to be on the field on September 5th.

Are you ready for the BOOOOOOOOM !!! #goHawks

See I think Kidd already had his shot and I hope he's on a short leash.... If O is improved Koehn wouldn't have to punt much. I don't think ten overall kicks a game would wear him or any kicker out. They do a bunch in every practice.

See I think Kidd already had his shot and I hope he's on a short leash.... If O is improved Koehn wouldn't have to punt much. I don't think ten overall kicks a game would wear him or any kicker out. They do a bunch in every practice.
but your forgetting about all the kick offs he'll be making after all those CJB touchdown tosses

This will be the two deeps for entire season on paper anyway. They earned the spots during camp so congratulations to the guy's, now it's time to prepare for our first game and make some Hawkeye Fans eat some Crow. Good Luck, God Bless and Go Hawks

What concerns me with punting is whether or not Kidd will translate what he has done in practice onto the field come game time.

Hopefully, he can be effective and Koehn can stick to place-kicking and kick-off duties.

Yeah, Bobby, that's pretty much EXACTLY what I wrote to start the thread.

#GOHAWKS

My guess is he will see "some" reps, plus maybe some return duty.

Scheel had a red jersey on at practice this week. Kirk said he is just "dinged up." He had been working his way to the back end of the two deeps and impressing the coaches.

Yeah, Bobby, that's pretty much EXACTLY what I wrote to start the thread.

#GOHAWKS

It's been a long time since I can remember a kicker-punter-double-duty guy. Even Reggie Roby couldn't fully pull it off.

Interestingly enough, Buffalo Bills have a kickoff-only guy and a PK guy. Weird.

It's been a long time since I can remember a kicker-punter-double-duty guy. Even Reggie Roby couldn't fully pull it off.

Interestingly enough, Buffalo Bills have a kickoff-only guy and a PK guy. Weird.

nice article on reggie roby - since you brought him up - he kicked it through the uprights 26 times as a kickoff guy - a quote by fry and then the article.

"He might have been the most misused player I ever had who went into the NFL," said Fry. "They just used him as a punter. He had such a strong leg. There were 26 times at Iowa when he kicked off and the ball went through the uprights, but the pros never used him as a kickoff guy."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/metro/coaches-react-to-sudden-death-of-reggie-roby/article_3bd1b252-b919-5c9b-ab39-b65dc9d74497.html

nice article on reggie roby - since you brought him up - he kicked it through the uprights 26 times as a kickoff guy - a quote by fry and then the article.

"He might have been the most misused player I ever had who went into the NFL," said Fry. "They just used him as a punter. He had such a strong leg. There were 26 times at Iowa when he kicked off and the ball went through the uprights, but the pros never used him as a kickoff guy."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/metro/coaches-react-to-sudden-death-of-reggie-roby/article_3bd1b252-b919-5c9b-ab39-b65dc9d74497.html

And I would venture to guess I saw at least half of those kickoffs! As a PK, though, he was woefully inconsistent, and was replaced first by Lon Olejcnizak and later Tom Nichol.

Kickoffs sure weren't his problem!

Latest posts