Twins locked up Mauer!

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

Eight years and $184M. That's a lot of coin. Wow. Had to be done though heading into the new Target Field.

And for those who wonder how much money that breaks down to it is $143,000 per game if he played 160 games every year, which is obviously unrealistic. Insane.

At least the news of Mauer made the Nathan news a bit less painful. Who's the next closer, Rauch, Guerrier, Mijares? or will they trade?

Rauch will get the 1st shot. I would love to see a trade for Heath Bell but that would be too expensive

Eight years and $184M. That's a lot of coin. Wow. Had to be done though heading into the new Target Field.

And for those who wonder how much money that breaks down to it is $143,000 per game if he played 160 games every year, which is obviously unrealistic. Insane.

Yes it is a lot of coin, but if any player is worth it, this is the guy. Unfortunately we can blame the Rangers with the first A-Rod deal for setting the market value in the stratosphere. But he is the franchise and fans come to see him. The additions of a better playing Span and Cuddyer will spread the love, but without Mauer, these guys aren't contenders. Great deal for all parties involved, the franchise, the fans and of course a really dedicated, humble and deserving Joe Mauer.

Its pretty cool to see a potential big time free agent walk away from the chance to get into the Yankees or Red Sox pockets. I didnt know if the Twinkies had it in em to shell out that kind of jack, kudos to them, Mauer is a stud

Thats not for four years, we'll worry about that when the time comes. Nathan is making $12 mil per and that will be coming off the books next season which will help

I didnt know it was that far away, thats cool, it gives them plenty of time to worry about that then

Latest posts