TV for Drake game??

Spank or Jon, can we just change the thread title on Sunday and keep all the BTN ******** in one thread since Tuesday's game isn't on TV but streamed at bigtennetwork.com?

After Tuesday you people will be able to see every game the rest of the season on TV, take a deep breath as it will be ok. You might miss the game but I bet the sun still comes up the next day for you.

This. It's the same whining every time this happens.

You call it whining, I call it stating a fact. And the fact is, I have seen every Big Ten team, with the possible exception of Northwestern, on the BTN more often than Iowa. This is not exactly what was promised when we were first schooled on the network. I think they do a great job with football. I just think they do a lousy job with preconference basketball, especially when it concerns Iowa.

I've got to defend our local TV stations as they have done a great job as far as local stations go for years. What more would you like or do you just like to *****?

espn+ didnt show alot of pre conf games either, probably less than the big ten net, they never had uni home games or some pre-season tournys, I remember we played a ranked Tenn team and had to listen on the radio. so basically the same. and cost over a 100$ a season.

No, pretty sure all Iowa games were on TV prior to the Big Ten Network. This even included pre-season games some years.

Yep....most games were on for free before BTN. Trouble was, you excluded 49 other state's worth of Hawkeye fans from watching.

BTN, even with its coverage gaps, is still better than the "old days"

Last edited:
I am going to put in a plug for WHO's coverage on the radio. Dolph and Bobby call the Hawks better than anyone on the planet, and frankly I find that I quickly adapt to no video and just enjoy the game. Maybe everyone who is PO'd over lack of TV is listening, but they deserve a lot of credit for their excellence.

I'll just echo the many comments listed, it's disappointing that an in-state matchup isn't available to watch for all Iowans. Blech. That said, I am listening to Dolph and Bobby...good start for the Hawks.

The game is at Drake, therefore Drake has the telecast rights, Iowa and the BTN do not. This is, and always has been, the case. Some of you people complaining about the BTN need to get a clue, this has nothing to do with the BTN. Listen to it on the radio and get over it.