TV Coverage for UNC-W Game Friday

NYCHawkeye74

I see listings for ESPN3, but nothing for MC22 (In Iowa City) or on any other channel. I checked the guide and I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Is it only being broadcast online, even locally?

If I have Directv and Windstream at home... Will I be able to watch the game on ESPN3?

I know probably a stupid question but any help is appreciated.

If I have Directv and Windstream at home... Will I be able to watch the game on ESPN3?

I know probably a stupid question but any help is appreciated.

Here is the affliated providers: WatchESPN FAQ

There are more, as I have mediacom, and I can stream it on my PC. I can't stream it on tablets through the WatchESPN app though, as I can't "sign in" with mediacom.

I just started googling and looking around, and it seems some are signing up for a free AT&T Uverse accounts and logging in with that. Don't know if it works, but many online are saying it does.

I also saw some saying that an ESPN insider account gets you streaming access. Now I'm not sure if you need the correct internet provider as well, but I did see that posted.

More of this no TV crap!? Dangit?! So, internet only for all of these games again?? Just when I thought our coverage would expand with a good team. I hate greed.

I do see that ESPN3 is covering the game and lucky for me I have a provider (At&T Uverse) that carries ESPN3. Still hoping that one of the sports channels will pick it up on regular TV so I can DVR it and watch it when I get home from work at 3:00 am.

I do see that ESPN3 is covering the game and lucky for me I have a provider (At&T Uverse) that carries ESPN3. Still hoping that one of the sports channels will pick it up on regular TV so I can DVR it and watch it when I get home from work at 3:00 am.

Hey old buddy, Lao from the old HC, still burning the early morning candle? lol. Yep, sucks that ESPN3 has it. My DirecTV sucks at this matter so I hope Firstrow or another website will stream it free.

The rest of us can hope that an illegal stream shows up somewhere, but guess I'm not holding my breath.

When I go to Big 10's BTN2GO, and I choose Iowa, it shows 3 things. It let's me replay the exhibition game, and then shows 2 upcoming events. The Purdue game, and the bball game from Friday night. At the bottom of the bball game box, it says "available at 12AM ET". So I'm assuming that it will stream on BTN2GO, as well as be available on demand to replay come midnight Friday night/Saturday morning?

Actually, I just checked ESPN3's schedule for Friday night and it is showing up on there. So it looks like ESPN3 it is. But maybe it will still be available on demand starting at midnight on Big 10 Networks BTN2GO?

Hey old buddy, Lao from the old HC, still burning the early morning candle? lol. Yep, sucks that ESPN3 has it. My DirecTV sucks at this matter so I hope Firstrow or another website will stream it free.

Welcome, Lao, fortunately I have Mediacom, the only reason, and can get ESPN 3. It is showing live at 8:30 Central time. I hook my laptop to the TV with a HDMI cable and watch it on the big screen. Firstrow will probably have it.....

:rolleyes:

Welcome, Lao, fortunately I have Mediacom, the only reason, and can get ESPN 3. It is showing live at 8:30 Central time. I hook my laptop to the TV with a HDMI cable and watch it on the big screen. Firstrow will probably have it.....

:rolleyes:

This is why I switched from Centurylink to Mediacom last week.

In this day and age, every major conference team should have all of their games on TV. So many freaking channels and I've got to watch games on my ipad in poor quality? Ridiculous

In this day and age, every major conference team should have all of their games on TV. So many freaking channels and I've got to watch games on my ipad in poor quality? Ridiculous

I agree, technology is advancing but you have to turn the clock back to about 5 years or so when almost every Hawkeye basketball game was televised. These types of threads should not even exist.

Hey Lao, it's good to hear from you again. Another poster from sent me a private message telling me he seen your name on here and wanted to know if I thought it was the same Lao? I told him that the name is so unique that it likely is you. We both talked about how you were one of the better posters over there on Hawk Central. You know the type. Love the Hawkeyes and live to talk about them. Come on forums to talk about them and don't wrapped up in the internal flame wars......lol. I'll send you a private message and let you know who he is if he hasn't already contacted you. There's a bunch of us that deserve the hawkeye Purple Heart award for sticking through and following the hawks every game during the Lickliter torture camp....lol.

When I go to Big 10's BTN2GO, and I choose Iowa, it shows 3 things. It let's me replay the exhibition game, and then shows 2 upcoming events. The Purdue game, and the bball game from Friday night. At the bottom of the bball game box, it says "available at 12AM ET". So I'm assuming that it will stream on BTN2GO, as well as be available on demand to replay come midnight Friday night/Saturday morning?

Thanks for that info as I have BTN2GO on my iphone5 and might be able to catch some of it during my break time at work.

Mark rudner at Btn is the guy you should voice frustration to. Simply put Btn is not willing to pony up the resources to make overflow channels available for basketball like they do for football. So we get stuck with most non conf not televised. All are available online (some for a fee). It turns out Iowa was one of the few b1g schools that always had all their games broadcast. Btn feels like they have improved tv coverage (which may be true for some schools), but its decidedly worse for Iowa. Next year will be worse yet with Maryland and Rutgers fighting for the limited opportunities on Btn. Online streaming is better than nothing but overall I think it sucks.

I did go through the TV guide on my TV specifically looking at what games the BTN was going to cover and saw that they are going to broadcast one of iowa's games on the BTN. I marked it for record but can't remember which game it is. I am wanting to say that the game is on a Thursday, possibly the 14th or the 21st but I believe it is the 14th of November.

Hey BigD and jacknicholson, thanks for the warm welcome. The only reason why I sign up was because BigD kept his familiar screen name; and jacknicholson sounded familiar from his positive posts but I didn't find out until he told me his old HC handle. Good to be here among the fans, especially good timing for an exciting BB season. As much I enjoy the FB season, BB is more enjoyable for me. Can't wait for the season to start, I will listen on the radio for the play-by-play while searching feverishly for it in Firstrow or some other place.

Latest posts