Turns out getting zero points from starting guards...

Your right that playing time is entirely up to a coach and that it varies from situation to situation and player to player. Interesting take on the thought of not wanting to bring in another bad 3 point shooter, when IMO I'd pull the cold 3 pt. shooter and go with the guy who can attack the basket (or anywhere inside the perimeter) and maybe get to the stripe.
Bohannon has had a lot of cold shooting nights where he lit em up big time at the end of games. Probably hard to get that option out of your mind as a coach.

Bohannon has had a lot of cold shooting nights where he lit em up big time at the end of games. Probably hard to get that option out of your mind as a coach.
Agree, but he's also had a number of duds where he never warmed up. At the same time, how many of those games where he was unconscious and "bailed us out" did he also help put us in the hole we were in by continuing to take 3 after 3? Shooters are streaky and I have no problem with a coach giving them an opportunity to shoot their way out of it. But at the same time, I have absolutely no issue with a coach saying "today isn't your day" and giving him the hook.

It's definitely not an exact science and there is no right/wrong answer. Simply different "correct" ways of handling it.

My point is Perkins played before Joe T in the 2nd half. Fran must not have liked what he saw from him either. He had two guys playing like shit and chose to ride with the senior. I see both sides in this one. He was kinda in a lose lose with how everyone was playing. I also wonder if his decision was based on the defense Indiana was playing. If they pack it in, you don't really want to bring in another bad 3 point shooter.
I think I get where you’re coming from and agree. We couldn’t have JT driving to the hole because there wasn’t room for another body in the paint. Garza and the 5 Hoosiers had things clogged up.

Perkins was in at the 2. I was glad when he went in because we needed shooting. But he didn’t put up any outside shots.

Latest posts