turning point in the game

HawkPhin

Had to be when gessell missed that layup Then white and clemmons missed the follows. Williams got the breakaway dunk. It goes from a 5 point lead with about 1:30 left to just a 1 point lead. Huge missed opportunity.

Agreed, how Minny was not called for a foul on any of that exchange starting with the Gesell layup is a travesty!

I concur with that. If he makes that or free throws that should have been awarded it's a totally different ending. That said if the hawks make half of the free throws they missed as a team... I thought Minny tried to give the hawks the game with a couple of the stupid TOs they had late too. Neither team played smart down the stretch. If they don't get a bucket coming out of the timeout with only 1 on the shotclock... Close games are frustrating because of all the woulda coulda shouldas. When it comes down the all the what ifs and missed free throws are one of the reasons. It'll be the first thing I point to cause I can't understand missing free throws.

I concur with that. If he makes that or free throws that should have been awarded it's a totally different ending. That said if the hawks make half of the free throws they missed as a team... I thought Minny tried to give the hawks the game with a couple of the stupid TOs they had late too. Neither team played smart down the stretch. If they don't get a bucket coming out of the timeout with only 1 on the shotclock... Close games are frustrating because of all the woulda coulda shouldas. When it comes down the all the what ifs and missed free throws are one of the reasons. It'll be the first thing I point to cause I can't understand missing free throws.

And this team has had some really good FT shooting games too. As disappointed as I am at the loss, I am not all that concerned. Maybe it is because I did not let my expectations get out of whack? I see good things, even with the loss today.

And this team has had some really good FT shooting games too. As disappointed as I am at the loss, I am not all that concerned. Maybe it is because I did not let my expectations get out of whack? I see good things, even with the loss today.
Exactly and the hawks having had pretty good free throw shooting games such as the last is what makes it that much more frustrating. It'd be one thing if they weren't any good at em. That is the simplest thing to control. The refs are impossible ughgh. This would have been the best win on the books for us up to date having it been on the road against a ranked team. It would have been huge having said that now that just keeps the pressure on them to protect the home court. All is not lost by any means and I'm fired up with the effort they are giving out there. Really the only major question I'd have for the coaching staff is why put Marble back in late after him having sat like he did. I would have much rather seen Oglesby out there. Thats just me I hope to hear the answer to that question too

The turning point in the game was Firk McFeraffry subbing in Roy Devin Marble, after lots-o cold minutes on the bench instead of letting the team that was winning the game, win the game. Loss is on Fern.

Had to be when gessell missed that layup Then white and clemmons missed the follows. Williams got the breakaway dunk. It goes from a 5 point lead with about 1:30 left to just a 1 point lead. Huge missed opportunity.

That was a very frustrating few seconds of basketball. It got the crowd into it too.

The turning point in the game was Firk McFeraffry subbing in Roy Devin Marble, after lots-o cold minutes on the bench instead of letting the team that was winning the game, win the game. Loss is on Fern.
I would bet you also try to be clever and misspell coach Ferentz's name. Two stupids for you.

I would bet you also try to be clever and misspell coach Ferentz's name. Two stupids for you.

Oh, Doogie. I know you get all bunched when the board isn't rainbows and unicorns to your liking. Truth is, I don't try to be clever, it just comes naturally. It's just that, when someone screws the pooch (like the Corporal has done, routinely, for 6 years, and Fran is showing his tendency to do with his funky lineups / substitutions at winnable points of the game) I think it's worth calling the "professionals" out. It's really nothing personal, it just is. Something tells me guys like Kirk and Fran have kicked themselves in the *** over some of their obvious ****ups. It's why I still respect them but loathe the way the Iowa fanbase is becoming so Pollyanna thin-skinned.

From a 35-year, born-n-bred Iowan, Hawkeye fanatic ... laugh a little.

When Hollins hit the 3 turned the game from a win to a loss. If he misses that shot, and we win everyone on this board is talking about the great play of this team, and the hard fought win on the road. As it is, he made the shot, so many around here think we make too many mental errors, aren't talented, Marble is soft, and overall the teams sucks.

Iowa still had a lead, but the turnover from Marble was far bigger.
Iowa's inability to play basketball inside a minute of a game continues to haunt them.

Latest posts