Turning into

quite possibly the WORST Iowa basketball game in Big 10 play HISTORY.

You must not have caught that MN game late last year? Agree that this is beyond pathetic, but that Goophy game takes the cake. I usually don't have any gripe with Fran, but I seriously have to question running a 2-3 when NW has hit 4,396 three pointers in 10 minutes.

You must not have caught that MN game late last year? Agree that this is beyond pathetic, but that Goophy game takes the cake. I usually don't have any gripe with Fran, but I seriously have to question running a 2-3 when NW has hit 4,396 three pointers in 10 minutes.

I don't get it either. To me, running zone when the other team is lighting it up is something a middle school coach knows to change. I'd like to hear Fran answer "why" in the presser.

Why is Eric May in the lineup? His only stats in the first half were 3 missed shots and turnover. No rebounds, no assists....nothing. If he's still hurt pull him. If not, then get Marble some more minutes. He has WAY more upside. May has peaked.

NW doesn't have any dominant force down low to warrant such attention.

Not to mention the fact that all year, we've played considerably better when running the press and man-to-man. Our guys can run it (especially against Northwestern), they just can't do it for all 40 minutes.

Our general lack of athleticism kills us in zone, not man-to-man. We don't rotate anywhere near fast enough to take away the 3. That's if we recognize the shooter to begin with.

This is the first time I'm starting to point some of this towards Fran from an Xs and Os perspective. He really will need to get some much better talent in here (which is the biggest problem). But the defensive half-court schemes (in terms of use) are head scratching. I like 2-3 zone and wished Lick would have used it more, but there are times you have to get out of it.

But, getting blown out at home by Northwestern is embarrassing. Granted, this is a much improved Northwestern with a heck of a coach, but to be getting beat like this is a bit uncalled for. I can understand a Northwestern win, but not a blow out victory on the road.

I'm worried Fran somehow has lost this team the last 2 games. Something is off.

Last edited:
I'd pull ALL starters except BC and play the scrubs, it's embarrassing

I'd adjust the statement only slightly to include Gatens. He and Cartwright's backs are going to be sore tomorrow from carrying the entire team. McCabe has been absolutely horrible (I don't think I've seen one good thing out of him, but I have seen 4 turnovers), Brommer is playing like a HS backup, and May, Basabe, and Cole are in the witness protection program on the offensive end.

How is it that the Marble kid doesn't know that he can't be over the Free Throw line when he shoots his Free Throws! This team has 0 basketball IQ. It's embarrassing!

I'd adjust the statement only slightly to include Gatens. He and Cartwright's backs are going to be sore tomorrow from carrying the entire team. McCabe has been absolutely horrible (I don't think I've seen one good thing out of him, but I have seen 4 turnovers), Brommer is playing like a HS backup, and May, Basabe, and Cole are in the witness protection program on the offensive end.

At least Basabe can rebound occasionally. May has been pathetic.

Latest posts