Tune into Pitt-Cincy now to see why B10 title game

I don't think it should be in Indy permanently. I think it should revolve to each of the indoor facilities in the Big 10 footprint. You have Lucas, Ford Field, and the Metrodome and for those that really think outside the box I'm not sure the dimensions at Miller Park but you might be able to put a football field in there too.

i disagree. i love football in the elements. if weather wasn't supposed to be a factor then why don't all teams have domes?

Disagree. The game should be outdoors, or at least rotated around between cities so that it is outdoors some of the time.

And more than 2/3 of the Big Ten season takes place with temps 50 degrees or more on the average.

Last edited:
i disagree. i love football in the elements. if weather wasn't supposed to be a factor then why don't all teams have domes?

Easy...cost and length of season. There's no reason for "all teams" to build domes when 90% of their games will be played in great to decent weather.

im a huge packer's fan. been to lambeau field 3 times in december. loved every minute of each game. and those were 8 hour drives. so maybe im an exception, but i love it

The SEC plays indoors, and they started this championship thing...and their weather is best suited to play it outdoors. They dont. They take the weather variable out of the equation and that gives the chance for the best team to win the game and represent the league.

im a huge packer's fan. been to lambeau field 3 times in december. loved every minute of each game. and those were 8 hour drives. so maybe im an exception, but i love it

How many of those games were played at night? And how much colder did that feel? If you're going to showcase your conference, you shouldn't do it when you have 75,000 fans looking miserable in front of a national audience...even the vaunted SEC plays theirs in the Georgia Dome and one of the "perks" of the SEC is their great year round weather.

This was the first year Jon was able to get to Kinnick for a game in years. When you get used to watching games indoors, it is hard to get back out in the elements.

As far as Hawk fans driving six hours to go see the team play for a B10 Championship! Are you kidding me? I would walk six hours through a snow storm.

You should have your Man Card and your Hawk Card revoked for at least a week.

How many of those games were played at night? And how much colder did that feel? If you're going to showcase your conference, you shouldn't do it when you have 75,000 fans looking miserable in front of a national audience...even the vaunted SEC plays theirs in the Georgia Dome and one of the "perks" of the SEC is their great year round weather.

The B12 title game in like 2003 or 2004 was in KC and it was night, and it was bitter cold...I was at a christmas party in KC and we were watching it on TV and could not imagine sitting in that.

I will predict the Big Ten will NEVER have it in a true outdoor stadium.

the best team should be able to win in any elements. its not like weather only affects one team. both teams have to play in it
Not true. Weather suits running teams much more than it does a spread/throwing team. It also neutralizes team speed advantages.

The B12 title game in like 2003 or 2004 was in KC and it was night, and it was bitter cold...I was at a christmas party in KC and we were watching it on TV and could not imagine sitting in that.

I will predict the Big Ten will NEVER have it in a true outdoor stadium.

I'll second that.

Latest posts