Tuesday Iowa Hoops Interviews

I wonder what could have been last year if he didn't get hurt. One more good player helps a basketball team quite a bit. Maybe get a little higher seed and make the sweet 16? Who knows

Fran says anyone who was here last year could see CJ was going to play a huge role this year. Moss was here last year....

I wonder what could have been last year if he didn't get hurt. One more good player helps a basketball team quite a bit. Maybe get a little higher seed and make the sweet 16? Who knows
It’s interesting to think about. I think he would have given us better minutes than Dailey. The tournament is all about matchups though and it’s still quite possible we could have lost first ir second round just the same.

On the flip side it’s possible that he could have hit a freshman wall and lost some confidence in his game. He would have also had less time to work on his body and some aspects of his game.

I think in the long run that redshirt year is probably going to be great for him.

Fran says anyone who was here last year could see CJ was going to play a huge role this year. Moss was here last year....

I've accepted it as Iowa basketball canon now that Moss knew CJF had passed him. Fran would have given Moss the starting role because he's loyal to his players, but that wouldn't have kept CJ off the court.

I've accepted it as Iowa basketball canon now that Moss knew CJF had passed him. Fran would have given Moss the starting role because he's loyal to his players, but that wouldn't have kept CJ off the court.
Play along with me for a second here. Imagine a lineup with (a fully healthy) Jbo, CJF, Moss, and Wieskamp surrounding Garza. That’s four 40%+ 3pt shooters. CJF’s handling and passing take some of that pressure off Moss whose role is to basically just chill in the corner and hoist threes, where he can be lethal. We give up some size but Wieskamp at 6’6 with a 7’ wingspan can bang a little and Moss wasn’t lacking strength at 6’5 he had a good frame. That would be an absurdly lethal offense.

Play along with me for a second here. Imagine a lineup with (a fully healthy) Jbo, CJF, Moss, and Wieskamp surrounding Garza. That’s four 40%+ 3pt shooters. CJF’s handling and passing take some of that pressure off Moss whose role is to basically just chill in the corner and hoist threes, where he can be lethal. We give up some size but Wieskamp at 6’6 with a 7’ wingspan can bang a little and Moss wasn’t lacking strength at 6’5 he had a good frame. That would be an absurdly lethal offense.

I think he'd probably be right about where he is at Kansas and we'd probably be right about where Kansas is. How about dem apples?

To be clear, I'm actually serious about that. I think we pick up the wins against Penn State and Nebraska and probably one of the 3 losses to DePaul, SDSU, or Michigan because his experience would have helped us settle in faster in the early season and mitigated CJ's loss. That would put us at 16-2 and perhaps 7-0 in Big Ten play. Being the top dog in the Big Ten with that record and schedule easily puts us in the top 10 and possibly the top 3.

Latest posts