Tucker to Minnesota?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Ok, been hearing that for a couple weeks now up here. Been brushing it under the rug for a while... but had to bring it up now that it's official that Tuck is gone.

Seems like Tubby could lose another guy from his team, and with Nolen suspect on grades, a G is what they are looking for.

Here's what I have always argued since I first heard this.

If Anthony does go to Minnesota, he'll have only 1 year of eligibility per the Big Ten transfer rules. I can't see him giving up another year after he's already wasted 2 years at Iowa.

Ok, been hearing that for a couple weeks now up here. Been brushing it under the rug for a while... but had to bring it up now that it's official that Tuck is gone.

Seems like Tubby could lose another guy from his team, and with Nolen suspect on grades, a G is what they are looking for.

If Anthony does go to Minnesota, he'll have only 1 year of eligibility per the Big Ten transfer rules. I can't see him giving up another year after he's already wasted 2 years at Iowa.

I've heard the same thing FWIW. I haven't heard if his release was unconditional but that is what he was asking for.

I can't see him losing another year just to play at Minnesota. Just glad he is not Lick's problem anymore. He will end up at NM. :)

And let me just add, Tucker would never be able to play for Tubby. He is a horrible defender. Tubby insists on great man to man defense. He would sit on the bench for Minny.

And let me just add, Tucker would never be able to play for Tubby. He is a horrible defender. Tubby insists on great man to man defense. He would sit on the bench for Minny.

One of the guys I talk to in the cities just emailed me that Tubby wants a player with defense which means Tucker is out.

Thought that was funny considering I got that e-mail minutes after your post burky.

I think Tuck's D is below average, but not horrible.

Frankly, I hope he goes there. I just don't think he's a great player or will be.

He could redshirt on the transfer and get two years outside of the Big Ten.

If he transfers in conference, he can redshirt, but he still loses that year of eligibility.

That's not correct. He would not lose a year of eligibility, he would have to sit out one year and have two to play. He could not get a scholarship from the Gophers or any other Big Ten school.

That's not correct. He would not lose a year of eligibility, he would have to sit out one year and have two to play. He could not get a scholarship from the Gophers or any other Big Ten school.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I had always had the information that you lose a year of eligibility if you transfer within the conference.

One of the guys I talk to in the cities just emailed me that Tubby wants a player with defense which means Tucker is out.

Thought that was funny considering I got that e-mail minutes after your post burky.

I think Tuck's D is below average, but not horrible.

In Tubby's system, Tuck's defense would be horrible. He may be considered below average at some other programs. If that makes any sense. He's just not an in-your-grill type of defender. Maybe he would develop into an average defender in a system that uses some zone techniques.

Tucker will wind up somewhere. But I'm gonna bet it won't be at anything more than a mid major. Just my opinion.

I think you lose the year of eligibility if you transfer without a release or permission. That is basicly what happened with the wrestlers.

Tucker has unconditional release so he can go anywhere but would have to pay his own way if going to another Big Ten school.

In Tubby's system, Tuck's defense would be horrible. He may be considered below average at some other programs. If that makes any sense. He's just not an in-your-grill type of defender. Maybe he would develop into an average defender in a system that uses some zone techniques.

Tucker will wind up somewhere. But I'm gonna bet it won't be at anything more than a mid major. Just my opinion.

Maybe the word was Minnesota-Crookston, not the U of M? ;)

I think you lose the year of eligibility if you transfer without a release or permission. That is basicly what happened with the wrestlers.

Tucker has unconditional release so he can go anywhere but would have to pay his own way if going to another Big Ten school.

Gotcha.

Latest posts