Trying to comprehend this loss......at least ISU lost.

HawksMN

Tired of typing 'cry in your beer' responses, so what the heck here is another one.
At least ISU got poop stomped. By the same team. 3 times in one season.

What's being lost in all of this tonight is that Fred tried to slam a chair tonight! He wants to be Fran so bad. It was such a terrible attempt at it though, felt bad for the guy. He's like the parent who never disciplines his kids, then tries to just because they have company over.

What's being lost in all of this tonight is that Fred tried to slam a chair tonight! He wants to be Fran so bad. It was such a terrible attempt at it though, felt bad for the guy. He's like the parent who never disciplines his kids, then tries to just because they have company over.
Fred wants back-back nit's?

Yep his transfer strategy worked, but you're losing 5 of your top 7 next year, we're bringing back 10 of our top 11. We were better this year and we'll but much better next season. But Fred has done well in getting ISU back to respectability quickly.

Yep his transfer strategy worked, but you're losing 5 of your top 7 next year, we're bringing back 10 of our top 11. We were better this year and we'll but much better next season. But Fred has done well in getting ISU back to respectability quickly.
Should be interesting to see what he is able to do next year. No b.s. I think Iowa is a t-20 team by eoy.

Cant fault ya for using the same thing we've said about fb and bowl games in the past years that isu beat us and weve played in bowls when they didnt.

We just gotta take it...and let it burn.

This.

I've had my fun with every 35-3 (or whatever). I thumped my chest a little less when we got that 80-71.

I take my lumps when it's 9-6, and I can take it when Fred is taking his team back to the dance.

Next year may be different ... but many teams are still thinking about this year.

(though, I'll never understand the mentality behind repping your team on another team's board -- but I'm starting to think that's just me)

This.

I've had my fun with every 35-3 (or whatever). I thumped my chest a little less when we got that 80-71.

I take my lumps when it's 9-6, and I can take it when Fred is taking his team back to the dance.

Next year may be different ... but many teams are still thinking about this year.

(though, I'll never understand the mentality behind repping your team on another team's board -- but I'm starting to think that's just me)
of course, there is the small matter of the thread title having our team's name in the title....

I do agree that Iowa should be better next year. They should return a very good team that might even make noise in the Big10 conference race. Thankfully ISU shouldn't be bad and still have consideration for the tourney. It was really fun to have both teams play meaningful ball into March again. I hope this becomes the norm going forward.

Fred's plan worked out to perfection. The team has received a great deal of national attention through their success and their high-profile transfers as well as up tempo style of play. Recruits have taken notice. You can't recruit top players in the country when your program is struggling and Fred knew the importance of becoming competitive immediately. ISU loses some solid seniors this year but Fred's recruits are starting to roll in. Four-star top 100 recruit Georges Niang might be the most impressive freshman in Ames in decades. Fellow four-star top 100 recruits arrive to Ames next year in Matt Thomas (SG) and Monte Morris (PG). Thomas may be the best pure shooter in his class. 2014 recruit Clayton Custer is top 100 and Fred may (I stress may) just land top ten recruit Rashad Vaughn (SF). Look out if he does. ISU could have stars all over the court. The future is bright in Ames. Iowa has a young team and should be strong for years to come as well. The future of basketball in state looks promising and I for one am excited!

Latest posts