Truly a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde Team

WinOneThisCentury

Ok, I missed the game due to a meeting and my youtube account failed to record...but i caught a ten minute video of all the scoring. It appeared the team showed heart in some huge moments and battled their asses off.

Now, how do they come out flat in the B10 Tourney against Michigan, at home against Rutgers, or on the road against Ohio State, just to name a few.

It just makes no sense. I know they hit shots today...but they were good looks from three...they should hit a good percentage. Against Michigan, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and wilted on the defensive end. They had wide open looks against Michigan, but they just looked shell shocked like they didn't believe they belonged.

How they hell do you explain the massive swings in how this team looks or plays? Honestly, this is maddening.

my thoughts exactly. Just when I concluded... this team has no heart, this team has no fortitude, this team is great until they get punched in the mouth.... they go and do this.

I"m shocked at what happened today. For now the cynic is silenced.

Ok, I missed the game due to a meeting and my youtube account failed to record...but i caught a ten minute video of all the scoring. It appeared the team showed heart in some huge moments and battled their asses off.

Now, how do they come out flat in the B10 Tourney against Michigan, at home against Rutgers, or on the road against Ohio State, just to name a few.

It just makes no sense. I know they hit shots today...but they were good looks from three...they should hit a good percentage. Against Michigan, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and wilted on the defensive end. They had wide open looks against Michigan, but they just looked shell shocked like they didn't believe they belonged.

How they hell do you explain the massive swings in how this team looks or plays? Honestly, this is maddening.
Fran Knows what he's doing, I think he hid the true team until we're in the BIG Dance. He likes to mislead another powerful teams to think they can be overconfidence to beat us. It's like if you hit me I will hit you harder. Cincy wasn't ready for us because maybe they thought they have the cruise control? I like Fran's way of thinking.

my thoughts exactly. Just when I concluded... this team has no heart, this team has no fortitude, this team is great until they get punched in the mouth.... they go and do this.

I"m shocked at what happened today. For now the cynic is silenced.

Always great to be wrong.

Maybe watch more college basketball? Every team is like that. Good one minute and bad the next.

I addressed this in another thread. When you have a size advantage under the boards it helps to relax the shooter because even if they miss there is a good chance of getting the ball back on the rebound.

Their coach even noted the size advantage in the post game interview. When their B1G fouled out it was then that I really felt we had a good chance to win.

Easy to explain. Weak at true point. They make they win. They dont make no win.

To a lesser degree if JW has a good matchup on speed they do better.

Maybe watch more college basketball? Every team is like that. Good one minute and bad the next.

Hmmm...when I go through and look at really good teams...I don't see alot of 20 point losses on their schedule...or blowout losses. Iowa had 4 twenty point losses and several others they weren't in the game at the end...but scored to get it to 16-17 points.

I don't think too many teams have the swings that this team does....where they look lost and get pummeled. Maybe it's me...but they didn't belong on the floor with Michigan in the B10 tourney...at Michigan State...etc. Then they hammer Michigan at home...and the just outtoughed a good Cincinnati team. Like I said...higher highs...lower lows.

They made their threes. Good when we do. Bad if we don’t. Good news. There have been 5 game stretches this year where we’ve hit them. So this doesn’t have to be a one game thing.

Hmmm...when I go through and look at really good teams...I don't see alot of 20 point losses on their schedule...or blowout losses. Iowa had 4 twenty point losses and several others they weren't in the game at the end...but scored to get it to 16-17 points.

I don't think too many teams have the swings that this team does....where they look lost and get pummeled. Maybe it's me...but they didn't belong on the floor with Michigan in the B10 tourney...at Michigan State...etc. Then they hammer Michigan at home...and the just outtoughed a good Cincinnati team. Like I said...higher highs...lower lows.
Go look at every box score. See how we shot the three and look at the score. I have actually done this. And I’m not talking 50%. If we get to 35% we have a shot.

Complete head-scratcher. I don't think I've ever seen an IOWA team with such a split personality.

When they're bad....they're pathetic. Just pathetic and weak.

When they're good...they play over their heads ..."the whole is greater than the sum of the parts"...kinda stuff. And a number of individual players have just taken it upon themselves to change the game. Garza, Weise, JBo, Baer and Cook have all taken their turns. I think Luka Garza may have the biggest heart and best leadership skills on this team...all due respect to Baer.

I don't get it.

Complete head-scratcher. I don't think I've ever seen an IOWA team with such a split personality.

When they're bad....they're pathetic. Just pathetic and weak.

When they're good...they play over their heads ..."the whole is greater than the sum of the parts"...kinda stuff. And a number of individual players have just taken it upon themselves to change the game. Garza, Weise, JBo, Baer and Cook have all taken their turns. I think Luka Garza may have the biggest heart and best leadership skills on this team...all due respect to Baer.

I don't get it.

From my perspective, I would suggest that those of us who are Iowa fans, we get really down on our teams when we lose and likely too high when we win. I plead guilty on both counts.