Troy versus Tennessee

jo12208

I was watching this game yesterday. The Vols won something like 55-48. I think each team had over 700 yards total offense. Very entertaining game.

The skill players on both teams were incredible. Especially a small school like Troy which is in Alabama. They used 2 QBs. One was in the wildcat and the other was more of the passer type. All of them would start at Iowa. The WRs were quick, sure-handed and shifty. Both QBs got them the ball in stride. Their running back was breaking off long run after long run.

How in the heck does Troy get skilled players like that and Iowa can't? I have watched other smaller schools that have better skill talent than Iowa, too.

I was watching this game yesterday. The Vols won something like 55-48. I think each team had over 700 yards total offense. Very entertaining game.

The skill players on both teams were incredible. Especially a small school like Troy which is in Alabama. They used 2 QBs. One was in the wildcat and the other was more of the passer type. All of them would start at Iowa. The WRs were quick, sure-handed and shifty. Both QBs got them the ball in stride. Their running back was breaking off long run after long run.

How in the heck does Troy get skilled players like that and Iowa can't? I have watched other smaller schools that have better skill talent than Iowa, too.

Does troy have the same admissions standards as a big 10 school like Iowa? Not sure. I know Iowa admissions standards kept Tom Davis from getting a lot of recruits back in late 80s and 90s. Not sure about football but I know we have had more than a handful of non-qualifiers in FB recruits the last 10 years.

But I agree with you, why cant we get one really good receiver each year.

We had Dominique Douglas but he turned out to be an idiot and felon.

I also wonder if KF likes "projects" turning 2 and 3 star recruits, who dont have big heads, into star players.

But I dont know why any coach wouldnt try to get a pipeline of fast, athletic players each year.

Does troy have the same admissions standards as a big 10 school like Iowa? Not sure. I know Iowa admissions standards kept Tom Davis from getting a lot of recruits back in late 80s and 90s. Not sure about football but I know we have had more than a handful of non-qualifiers in FB recruits the last 10 years.

But I agree with you, why cant we get one really good receiver each year.

We had Dominique Douglas but he turned out to be an idiot and felon.

Oh please... our admissions standards aren't THAT tough.

Stanford's admission standards make Iowa's look like it's a juco. They get plenty of talent. So does ND.

KF's biggest failing is as a recruiter. He doesn't get the athletes that he should.

Latest posts