Trivia Question

WindsorHawk

When was the last time an Iowa basketball team did not play a game in the month of March? If Iowa loses next Wednesday (2/28) it's going to happen this year. The National Championship game won't be until April. Full disclosure...I don't know the answer to this question.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I heard earlier this year that this is Fran's 8th year, and that in Tom Davis's 8th year, we had a terrible record. So I'll go with 1993-1994, which I think would be Davis's 8th year. Otherwise, I'd go with before the BTT started up (I have no idea when that was.)

I have no idea what the answer is, but I heard earlier this year that this is Fran's 8th year, and that in Tom Davis's 8th year, we had a terrible record. So I'll go with 1993-1994, which I think would be Davis's 8th year. Otherwise, I'd go with before the BTT started up (I have no idea when that was.)

I initially thought pre-BTT as well, but in looking at schedules from that era, the Big Ten regular season used to extend into the second week of March when other conferences were doing their tournaments.

Only two years I can find are 1936-37 and 1937-38 (Nile Kinnick averaged six points a game that year, second on the team!), ended on 2/27 and 2/28 respectively. Pre-1930 results don't list all the dates in the media guide.

I was thinking this morning, who would I fire first if I could.....Gary or Fran. Gary would be first.

Agreed. Get rid of Barta and his successor would probably get rid of Fran sooner than later and bring in "his guy", if the results aren't there. At least, that's how it seems to work at other schools, but this is Iowa we're talking about, I guess. But theoretically, get a new AD and everything else would work itself out.

Here's some more trivia: If Iowa loses to NW this weekend they will finish the B1G season at 3-15 and with the lowest winning percentage going back to the 1963-1964 season when they finished 3-11.

I was thinking this morning, who would I fire first if I could.....Gary or Fran. Gary would be first.

If Harreld is remotely as smart as he thinks he is, he cans Barta first, then lets the new AD fire Fran and find a new mens basketball coach. But I strongly doubt any of that happens. Getting rid of an AD just as he is returning from surgery for prostate cancer and acting against a basketball coach whose family was dealing with its own cancer scare not that long ago doesn't look right. We're just lil ol' Iowa, anyways...

This makes me:

tumblr_inline_mga3nt1Kv01qzcf6f_zps709bd106.gif

and...

Q0ZV5Tl.gif

Latest posts