Tristan Spurlock Joins Iowa Basketball Staff

Interesting hire I suppose. I guess I don't see or know of an obvious tie in with him and Fran or anyone else with the program. Is he a total outsider that applied and got the gig? That's cool if so nice to add some more young blood to the staff too. I always find it interesting with the guys who just literally hung up their sneakers and hop into coaching etc and see how they do.

Interesting hire I suppose. I guess I don't see or know of an obvious tie in with him and Fran or anyone else with the program. Is he a total outsider that applied and got the gig? That's cool if so nice to add some more young blood to the staff too. I always find it interesting with the guys who just literally hung up their sneakers and hop into coaching etc and see how they do.
Much of it has to do with what they can bring for recruiting or ties that individual may have. He's from the Virginia area so may have some east coast ties. He also looks to be a quality individual which I think Fran and Iowa in general look to hire.

Latest posts