Trey Dickerson - On the rise

From article

"On the recruiting side Dickerson was first hampered by a move from New York to Los Angeles and more recently by the eligibility challenges. There was early interest from Kentucky (including a conversation with Coach Calipari), West Virginia, Seton Hall, Washington, Oregon, and St. Joseph’s. Dickerson currently holds offers from Niagara, Montana State, Detroit, and Loyola. My guess is a strong finish to his Sr. season will trigger increased interest and significant offers."

Obviously has some talent. Maybe he'll make us forget what might have been with Tyler Ulis.

I almost feel bad for this kid, his fairly consistent twitter presence seems to be growing his legend. I'm glad he committed to Iowa, but some fans are getting too hyped for this guy. Iowa took a look last year and decided not to offer.

I almost feel bad for this kid, his fairly consistent twitter presence seems to be growing his legend. I'm glad he committed to Iowa, but some fans are getting too hyped for this guy. Iowa took a look last year and decided not to offer.

He went JUCO to prove he was more than a mid major level talent. I guess his 19.8 ppg and 5.7 apg as a JUCO freshman convinced Iowa and others that he can play. I think he will give us some solid minutes in the rotation next year and improve as the season progresses. It is my hope that when he and Jok are seniors Iowa will have one of the best backcourts in the B1G if not the best. Time will tell.

What does last year have to do with anything? There's a reason he's getting the attention this year.

What does last year have to do with anything? There's a reason he's getting the attention this year.

He got a lot of late offers when many teams were in desperation mode. I'm not anti-Try Dickerson. I just think some people need to temper their expectations of what kind of player he is.

Not to worry, McCabe is going to mentor Trey on Twitter etiquette.....

Fans want him to come and contribute and improve the team. Is that too much to ask or too much hype? I don't think so. Realistic fans aren't predicting a dynasty or something like that.

I hope Dickerson doesn't suffer from TES.....Twitter Envy Syndrome when Fran shuts it down for the players next year???

Latest posts