Tressel steps down??

a poster named 'ulmersen' is posting this on rivals sites, and probably everywhere - heck, he probably has an interest in this 'sportales' website. i'm guessing this is an 'onion' type article.

The article has multiple quotes from Tressel... has me thinking it's legit, but I've been fooled before.

This is made up and I give you few reasons:

What the hell kind website is sportales? TALL tales more likely. Trying to get website hits in my opinion.

It also links to WWF wrestling. Good sources always have WWF links. (rolls eyes)

Tressel supposedly told team after the Michigan game. . .and nothing has leaked since then. Right.

Hineygate keeps deleting link and there is barely any talk on this over there.

This is a BS site making crap up for traffic IMO.

The quotes seem legit, but it wouldn't take much searching on presser ******* to piece together the quotes.

I also can't imagine that he would step down on Christmas Eve, let alone days before the big game.

I can't believe some of you are falling for this. Makes me wish I had some ocean front property in Arizona to offer up about now.

Uh ... yeah ... hate to break it but this is not legit. Everything about this piece is a poor attempt to sound like a real announcement. And to think this clown is the only one who received the "release?" Uh, yeah, right.

This is one of the things about the net that fools many; reading something from a "site" and taking it as the real deal. Any schmo can concoct a b.s. news release.

Just think about this for a moment: when the "release" was made available. And what, ESPN or AP or USA Today were not on that distribution list.

To top it off .... very poorly written piece. This person is not a legit "reporter." This is some schmo living his mom's basement.

well, until the ultimate almighty fosu know-it-all furfed chimes in, we won't know for sure
;) :D
of course, if I know furf, he's having xmas dinner with the extended Tressel family right about now
and Mo-C, too

well, until the ultimate almighty fosu know-it-all furfed chimes in, we won't know for sure
;) :D
of course, if I know furf, he's having xmas dinner with the extended Tressel family right about now
and Mo-C, too

Vintage, I like what you did there with fufred's screen name. furfed. . .that's hilarious.

Furfed here, yes Tressel is stepping down. JoePa is expected to be named the next head coach of Ohio St......;)

Oh and Vintage the Tressel's and I had spiral ham and mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner. Jim gave me an OSU Snuggie this year. MoC couldn't make it this year, unfortunate I know.....

Oh and Vintage the Tressel's and I had spiral ham and mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner. Jim gave me an OSU Snuggie this year. MoC couldn't make it this year, unfortunate I know.....

Well played, fuf. Both posts. :D
Merry Xmas to you and yours, assuming you're an Xmas kind of guy. :)

Well played, fuf. Both posts. :D
Merry Xmas to you and yours, assuming you're an Xmas kind of guy. :)

I have nothing to add in this thread, but VH, I couldn't help but notice your sig! Nice catch!

Ah what the hell, it's Christmas...

Well played, Mauer!
copyright-symbol.jpg

Still had to stamp it with the copyright...per agreement with you...

I have nothing to add in this thread, but VH, I couldn't help but notice your sig! Nice catch!

Ah what the hell, it's Christmas...

Well played, Mauer!
copyright-symbol.jpg

Still had to stamp it with the copyright...per agreement with you...

Totally agree with the copyright, which is why you were directly noted and dated. :)

"Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country."

Wow. I didn't realize that.

"Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country."

Wow. I didn't realize that.

Does this mean that they have a lot of violations? Or that they're honest about their reporting?

I can't believe an intelligent person would post this. I guess I think differently on this than some. If I think it is total B.S., which I believe the OP does, then I wouldn't post.

I would look at it as a waste of mine and everyone else's time.

Latest posts